Taking a Break from Wrenching

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William E Burrows Jr

Dear Members,
I own 2 drones, 1 boat, 1 Losi 5 T, 1 Kraken Vekta 5 and now an AeroScout 1.1m Airplane.
I't just came out on the market and is for the raw beginner.
The cost was around $213.00, it is an RTF plane.
I had 4 flights so far in trainer mode thats one of the three modes.
I fly at the same field I bash my Vekta 5 on.
For me it is a great break trying something new.
It is an adrenaline rush, if you are in that kind of thing.
The big plus if you fail to crash it, you just put it away and re-charge the battery.
Just my thoughts.
William E. Burrows Jr.
Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 5.43.55 PM.png

If you got the room to fly one they sure are great.
I logged in my 6th flight today in training mode, it was my smoothes fight so far.
I even took my wife to see me fly, she kept asking me how will I get it down to land at 300 feet.
I was thinking to myself that a very good question.
After a lot of approaches on got low enough to made a perfect landing, the only problem it was about a 100 yards away.
I convinced my wife that this is normal, I think she bought it.
Anyways great fun.
William E. Burrows Jr.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 5.43.55 PM.png
    127.1 KB · Views: 1
Give it some more practice you'll be doing stalls and acrobatics in no time?
Log in my 15 fight yesterday, I got distracted from 4 other jets in the air, god knows how fast they were going.
Took it down to get out of the way and hit nose first in the ground. Looking at the bright side I have lot of undamaged spare parts.
I ordered a new bind and fly version, since I still have the batteries and transmitter.
Know problem it cost me $140.00 and I gain much experience, cheaper then $70.00 an hour for a lessons.
I love the affordability of this hobby.
Will let you know when I am back in the air.

Phoenix RC is a great investment if you're planning on spending a lot of time up in the air! I learned CP Helis with a Blade MCPX and probably spent more than double the value of Phoenix in broken poop, not including upgrades. Of course it didn't help that I was flying in an asphalt parking lot in the middle of the night ?. Those little micro helis are light, but when they hit the pavement at full negative pitch, they sure do explode real good! (y)

When I went with a bigger Heli, I got Phoenix to play with during the winters to keep my chops up. Learned how to fly full 3d with it, and no hammered parts to replace!

I don't have a single plane yet in my hangar, but I sure do love flying them in the sim. Maybe when I get a bigger garage I can spring for something in a fixed wing. ;)

@Seandonato73 I loved mine. It's same as yours. All carbon fiber and alloy. Sadly, I killed my BL conversion ESCs and haven't really touched it since.

I do a lot of 3d on my 300CFX. Nothing too insane, just fun flying, tick tocks, rainbows and inverted piros. It's still a little guy compared to the T-rex 450, but it works for me. The BeastX gyro is amazing!

No they don't crash, you crash em ?
I finally bit the dust 20 fights log in.
I was flying in expert mode and did well, feeling I finally learned to fly.
My problem was 5 planes in the air flying at the same time.
$15,000.00 Jets buzzing in the air, I got distracted and lost control and took it in for a dirt nap.
But now I can fly. The replacement cost me a $155.00.
My trucks if damaged, why even go there.
It is a real trip flying.
My trucks and in mint condition do to moth balling them for 3 months.
RC plane guys have no clue of 5th scale, while waiting for my new plane I am in the mood to blow their minds a run the Vekta.
Great Fun

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks