Tax return engine time for MTXL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The jet pro is usually a mid to top pipe. Hard to tell without dyno sheets which are nil these days. That being said it will be much better than the stock can. I just ordered a raw one from jetpro for the mtxl for 168 shipped. Also run 500,000 diff fluid in center diff and 100,000 front and rear diff for more punch.

Yea, hard to say for sure with no proof. I am running 500k in the center, and 50k in front, 30k in rear. Going to see how that works first. May do thicker later on. I plan on ordering my engine this week, going to call obr one more time and discuss it with them.

Last edited:
Got my mtxl in today!. Freggin pumped. On a side note I also wanted to mention to flip the clutch shoes. Run them backwards for even more bottom response. This is a popular mod in the hpi baja world I'm not sure alot know about.

Got my mtxl in today!. Freggin pumped. On a side note I also wanted to mention to flip the clutch shoes. Run them backwards for even more bottom response. This is a popular mod in the hpi baja world I'm not sure alot know about.

Have never heard that, what's it help?

Anyone have experience with these pipes? All I know is they are on eBay and from China lol. But they are stainless steel and look to be nice quality.

Attachments

• rc-parts-1-5-Losi-XL-MTXL-4WD-RTR-Exhaust-Tuned-Pipe.jpg
    rc-parts-1-5-Losi-XL-MTXL-4WD-RTR-Exhaust-Tuned-Pipe.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 7
They are the rc4wd super swamper 40 series tired. There about $180 for all 4, as far as size they are about 1" bigger in diameter and a little wider as well. A little power loss is worth it to make it look like that lol. The tires have to be cut to fit, as they are a 40 series (3.8") wheel diameter.

I'll look more onto the pipe and power loss. I'm really looking at the jet-pro. I like the sound of it compared to most of the others. Seems the fit/ finish is on par with the others, just Not sure about power.
how didu get the tyres to fit dude???they look badass!:eek:!

You need to measure both rim measurements on the mtxl wheels, if you have a 40 series wheel as well it helps keep the tire you will be cutting centered so it is perfectly round. Use the measurements and transfer it to the new tires and cut slow and very steady lol. Its a pain but worth it. I didn't take pics of anything.

Well ordered this hog today, he said there is a 6 day lead time, so will likely be late next week I should have it hopefully.

Screenshot_20180214-165022.png I didn't order a pipe yet, but will probably next week. Going with the big bore victory pipe. He said the jetpro is a good pipe but more for top end and I would lose a decent amount of torque and low end.

Well ordered this hog today, he said there is a 6 day lead time, so will likely be late next week I should have it hopefully.

View attachment 45109 I didn't order a pipe yet, but will probably next week. Going with the big bore victory pipe. He said the jetpro is a good pipe but more for top end and I would lose a decent amount of torque and low end.
very nice dude...;)..same as I got in my 5ive....:D.......20171230_184510 by evssv, on Flickr

Haha I have been there trying to video lol, nice looking rig there.

I just ordered that intake as well off Detroit performance, got a decent deal I think. I have a bartalone clutch carrier now on my stock engine so I'll swap that over to the new one. Are you just running the prefilter on the pull start, Or what else are you running for a pre filter?Screenshot_20180214-201157.png

u will need a housing/carrier for a zen32.....the 29cc ones wont fit dude......:(.....different hole spacing's.....I have a bart housing here for a 29 which I took off the old gizmo 30.5 I had in the 5ive.....and yes...pull start cover and engine mesh mod done.:)..well the obr comes already done I thk......its the housing what needs to b a g32 one...not the carrier..that will fit....20171229_211307 by evssv, on Flickr

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks