Test and tune day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevTrem

So had a bash this morning tuning both the 30DTT and the Baja, truck was spot on, reset the carb and had a blast, was running good considering I haven't touched it since December.
So, coz it went so well I thought I'd tune the Baja as it underwent a little rebuild late last year and hadn't been tuned at all.
IIRC I rebuilt the diff (again) and fitted new dog bones with replacable pins, I also rebuilt the engine with a ported head and skimmed piston.
Anyways Baja did what the Baja does best, goes like sh1t and looses parts along the way.
Front E clip, so was down to 3 wheels, that doesn't stop the test session, just crack on, was on grass anyways. Had a couple of flips etc and unlike Dougsta my Baja always lands belly up.
So, task list is,
Truck - dust off, good to go
Baja - rear shock rebuild, front left corner bearing and E clip, reset one of the rear dog bones that popped out, dust down, change wheels as had too much traction on the rear.20210323_123814.jpg

Last edited:
Who needs 4 wheels on a Baja, I learnt to fly drones on that field.
Not be long before we can go out and play mate

Cheers
Dave
Its handy as a test and tune field as its 3mins drive from home, plus it has a few humps to make it interesting.
Didn't realise you where that local to me.

Well had the Baja out for a tank today, threw a drive pin, replaced that then killed the hostile spur. To say its got a ported 29cc in it, its running mint, and running hard.
Even made some limit cables for the rear shocks and refilled them with some 500cst and drilled the piston, happy with rear suspension now.
No video's from today but someone managed to grab a couple pics.
Pulling wheelies across the field, need to find a bigger field and see what top speed is now.
For once, im happy with my Baja.
FB_IMG_1618072130122.jpgFB_IMG_1618072138209.jpg

top banana kev (y)(y),
am glad someones gettin out there in the uk :LOL:,
keep gettin light snow flurries down where i am and cold as feck still :ROFLMAO:,
nice pics (y)

top banana kev (y)(y),
am glad someones gettin out there in the uk :LOL:,
keep gettin light snow flurries down where i am and cold as feck still :ROFLMAO:,
nice pics (y)
Was at Shildon crawler track spents, tool baja for a quick test. We had some snow up here too.
5th scale bash in morning, restrictions will be followed. Hope you get out soon fella, that Vetka needs running in

Was at Shildon crawler track spents, tool baja for a quick test. We had some snow up here too.
5th scale bash in morning, restrictions will be followed. Hope you get out soon fella, that Vetka needs running in
vekta needs building first kev :D,
waiting on front rcmax diff case so i can get a proper start on the build (y),
i should get out soon matey, i have three runable cars at moment (y):ROFLMAO:

vekta needs building first kev :D,
waiting on front rcmax diff case so i can get a proper start on the build (y),
i should get out soon matey, i have three runable cars at moment (y):ROFLMAO:
Well providing snow ain't too deep down in Yorkshire, get yourself out fella, highly recommended to lockdown fever. Even if it does effect bank balance

Well providing snow ain't too deep down in Yorkshire, get yourself out fella, highly recommended to lockdown fever. Even if it does effect bank balance
yeh snao aint even laying tbh kev, its just wet,
so wheelchair and wet equals covered in crap in winter for me :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ,
nearest place to run is forestry at moment, ya can imagine how messy forestry roads are when there wet :ROFLMAO:

What changed?........or just learnt how to drive them?🤔🤣

Its never been the most reliable of rigs, and its been the learning rig for 5th scales for me. Its always been fun driving it but longest I would get before issues was 10mins at a time. Still a couple of niggles for example I killed the pull start cord yesterday, but that's not the Baja failing, that's me not changing a frayed cord (rebuilt 2 pull starts last night ready to install).
Running the Baja now is starting to feel less effort for more pleasure, I'm not spannering for 3 hours to get 10mins run time, I'm now doing what I consider essential after run maintenance, cleaning, charging battery and oiling rather than full rebuild after every run.

Still need to learn how to drive it, but it's a Baja, every time you think you know what its gonna do, boom barrel roll just for fun lol

Its never been the most reliable of rigs, and its been the learning rig for 5th scales for me. Its always been fun driving it but longest I would get before issues was 10mins at a time. Still a couple of niggles for example I killed the pull start cord yesterday, but that's not the Baja failing, that's me not changing a frayed cord (rebuilt 2 pull starts last night ready to install).
Running the Baja now is starting to feel less effort for more pleasure, I'm not spannering for 3 hours to get 10mins run time, I'm now doing what I consider essential after run maintenance, cleaning, charging battery and oiling rather than full rebuild after every run.

Still need to learn how to drive it, but it's a Baja, every time you think you know what its gonna do, boom barrel roll just for fun lol
sounds like mine :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: glad your finally getting your uses out of it

Went out for a tune with the Baja while it's dry. Downloaded a GPS speedo on old phone and strapped it to the front of the Baja. It's now running the 18/56 gearing and seems to pull it well, wheelies have subsided and it accelerates OK I think.
Just need to tinker with steering.

20210505_120919.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks