the bugs new mods coming soon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its cable tied at the mo to my m&r alloy cage its got the perfect spot ive just got to change a couple things so i can use 2 bolts to secure it so it cant come lose

i didnt think about it being the magnets it makes perfect sense they are much stronger than the stock ones but i did try the compression before fitting the redrace and you could feel it had improved adding them both at the same time cant help easy starting but once its had a tank it will free up a bit,,but to be honest its a 4 bolt race tuned 23cc with no choke wt771 and a vrc pipe its never going to start like a stock engine with a choke

also ive put me wagon wacker back on the front of the bug as it looked a bit funny with nothing there and sooner or later it was going to get destroyed so added the alloy bumper
yeah mate!!! looking cool now!! gonna have to armour plate now hay......we will try an get out soon as....

im out with it tomorrow mate at some point over kirby playing feilds going to get it tuned up and see how the new tyres hook up and see if it will ever wheelie i think theres a good chance it will

managed to get out today for some testing once primed it fired straight up none of yesterdays poop so i let it get warmed up then gave it a tune and cained the living crap out of it,,the tyres hook up well and just dig in and its gone i did roll it a couple of times but that was due to me taking the piss with it turning to sharp way to fast

the redrace kit has made a massive difference to it,,,the exhaust note has got a bt deeper and sounds more poppy and it feels like it gets on the power a lot quicker after braking and turning it just feels quicker but the bug still will not pop a wheelie only managed half a tank as a poxey rose joint pulled out im going to fix that and tommorrow its fine tuning and suspension tweaking time hopefully i can get some vid

they are well beefy and fit well no problems yet

tps have some monster truck wheels at the mo there black and cheaper than fg's ones

had another realy good run today the ground was a bit wetter than the other day and as a result more fun ripping up the playing feilds wagon poped over to have a look and i think he was impressed with the bug

i had one mega crash resulting in another crack on the shell and a bent bumper easy fix had well over a hours run without trouble until another poxy rose joint let go right at the end of my run,,,,yes the one i thought looked ok the day before when i changed the other broken one gutted

im going to give it a good check over now and its well i need of a good clean its caked in crap looks battered but the changes i made after its last run worked well and its much better turning out of corners now once its slowed down enough to make the apex you can just plant it flat and it just grips and goes but if you try entering the turn to fast then its on the roof

also ive noticed when its spinning up only one wheel hard it looks like its going to lose a tyre they well expand would taping up the inserts solve this it looks cool but its only a matter of time till it rips a tyre clean off

its getting a good clean tonight ready for when wagons finished polishing his mcd and gets brave enough to bring it out to play where planning a whole day out bashing hopefully some vids this time

Really liking the whole style of your car i might do somthing very similar.

I might be getting an MT very soon so i think I'll sell the wheels and get some of the prolines & adaptors

You got any more pics of your beast, maybe some in the light?

Craig

Attachments

• Photo0330.jpg
    Photo0330.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Photo0331.jpg
    Photo0331.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 50
  • Photo0333.jpg
    Photo0333.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Photo0334.jpg
    Photo0334.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Photo0344.jpg
    Photo0344.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
im on it mate camera on my phones shite,,,i forgot there wasnt any up to date pics of it in monster colours

whats the plan if you build one are you thinking of going bug.

heres another album

https://www.largescaleforums.com/album.php?albumid=227

Bug without a shadow of a doubt, I'll likley get the same wheels as you too, however i think i'm gonna go with a candy red colour scheme though.

Craig

hey ren m8, which rose joint is giving you grief? for me it was the rear wishbone ones (always comming loose even with steel ones!

in the end i went for the Elcon XL lower arms which are fixed so no more p!ss!n about with rose joints, just waiting for them to arrive in post then gunna slap them on.

A little tip too! ..if u do get the XL ones Elcon say you also need the XL drive shafts which are 106mm long, Elcon only do the 106mm XL drive shafts as ball drives so you would need to buy the whole shebang ball drive system which aint too cheap.

Soo... i did some hunting about for normal longer drive shafts & to my suprise the FG 4WD Baja front dogbones are 107mm :) ..cant see 1mm making much of a diff so im gunna try these & see how they fit as there a fraction of the price compared to the elcon Ball Drive! :)

its the 4 lower rears but to be honest im sticking with them and arms going to stock up on rose joint and change them more often plus i just cant spend any more on the bug at the min or the sand rail or losi aint going to happen.

are you making the front wider as well or just doing rear how much wider are they

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks