the bugs new mods coming soon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it adds only about 2.5cm width, but im switching to them mostly for the strength (cant stand ball joints lol)

think its only Elcon who do the extended front arms & don't think they make em any more only ones i could see were for the marder & they wont work cuz the arms are alot smaller than the MT, so doubt im gunna extend the front unless i find some used (which i doubt it) :(

cars in bit being fixxed after hitting a metal sign post yesterday got it as straight as i can at the mo i got away lightly with the damage only real broken parts been ordered and sould be here soon till then ive got to get the engine out so i can fit the new fan cover from oddified mines been cracked for ages and i managed to get the new design that ian now fits to his engines its a stock zenoah cover engraved by ian i asked for it to be undrilled as i now run the red race and no longer needed the coil mounting holes great service from ian yet again thank you.

Attachments

• Photo0357.jpg
    Photo0357.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 25
had a run today in the snow was bloody freezing went ok but had running issues due to carb freeze and general cold weather,i had trouble getting it fired up the once started it needed a bit more on the idle screw to keep it running,when it was running it was great flying through the snow and it sounded just like a jetski bouncing over the snow,towards the end of bash it started playing about but it was soaked and had blocks of ice built up all round the carb and rear wishbones nd the shocks were frozen solid from ice build up,jus drying it out then its rebuild time me thinks to get ready for the new engine

had a run today in the snow was bloody freezing went ok but had running issues due to carb freeze and general cold weather,i had trouble getting it fired up the once started it needed a bit more on the idle screw to keep it running,when it was running it was great flying through the snow and it sounded just like a jetski bouncing over the snow,towards the end of bash it started playing about but it was soaked and had blocks of ice built up all round the carb and rear wishbones nd the shocks were frozen solid from ice build up,jus drying it out then its rebuild time me thinks to get ready for the new engine
sounds great,ive been avoiding the snow, my marder is in my boot ready. get some vids of the action.i don't want to risk smashing my fg up, but ill watch you smaashing yours lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

managed to get out today for some testing once primed it fired straight up none of yesterdays poop so i let it get warmed up then gave it a tune and cained the living crap out of it,,the tyres hook up well and just dig in and its gone i did roll it a couple of times but that was due to me taking the piss with it turning to sharp way to fast

the redrace kit has made a massive difference to it,,,the exhaust note has got a bt deeper and sounds more poppy and it feels like it gets on the power a lot quicker after braking and turning it just feels quicker but the bug still will not pop a wheelie only managed half a tank as a poxey rose joint pulled out im going to fix that and tommorrow its fine tuning and suspension tweaking time hopefully i can get some vid
i want to see avid, im really thinking of the red race now. i use step studs on fg wheels, i got loads ,glues them all in.I cant use them on the front of the marder...too much grip roll, you should be ok as it wider. elcon astros on front and step stud on rear work well for me on grass.you shuld be happy the bug wont wheely, i changed to 22/42 then put a 17t on lay, it still wheelies on tarmac and grass with that ratio.

sounds great,ive been avoiding the snow, my marder is in my boot ready. get some vids of the action.i don't want to risk smashing my fg up, but ill watch you smaashing yours lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mate its only just dried out,sitting back on the shelf now waiting for me to clean it,i noticed that ive snaped the alloy plate that goes from engine mount to diff holders and its lost the bolt that holds it in place,it getting a quick patch up ready for bashing on friday then its a total strip clean and rebuild time,inc engine ecu rear wheels new shell new colour replace broken parts and brake pads on the hydro,its like christmas come early or late

guys if im going from a 23cc to a 29cc will i need to up the gears or is 18/46 16/48 ok

heres the next step of mods parts list
oddified 29cc zen 4 bolt wt990
oddified mk2 ecu+hv lead for red race
oddified off road clutch
throttle servo+steering servo[savox]
bodyshell[monster beetle pro]
new wing apparently unbreakable[well see on that]
rear wheels tps knobby's desperado style rims
diff parts to make it adjustable again
rear hydro pads
new tps hydro gear plate[mines been broke ages]
full tps bearing set[long overdue]spares[rose joints b/pipe+fittings]
shock seals
20/44 gears

i think thats about it but its a growing list and going to hurt

Last edited:
all parts are being ordered next week and im starting the strip and rebuild once parts are ordered im hoping to get one last run as it is then the 23cc go's in the spares box and the 29cc takes its place with the ecu i cant wait

all parts are being ordered next week and im starting the strip and rebuild once parts are ordered im hoping to get one last run as it is then the 23cc go's in the spares box and the 29cc takes its place with the ecu i cant wait
sounds great buddy, i cant wait till youve ran it in and make a vid.it should shift with the pipe you have. im starting another project myself.

ren, with all that power 18/46 wont do jack. seriously mate,20/44 is what you want for small areas, and when you are on the big field 22/42.you wont loose much bottom with your setup surely.
i use 20/44 on my stock engine and it looses no bottom.
on my ported job, i used 26/38 on large tarmac areas, from standstill to its top speed for that gear ratio(67mph) it took around 4.5seconds so it defo didnt bog too bad!!! on grass i use 22/42 again no lag no bog.
16/48 is great for stock engines stock pipes but even when you use 20/44 with the 29 oddi ,redrace,ecu,victory, it will hit top speed with seconds and just sit there.
i think if you use 22/42 on tarmac/short grass, you will hit 50mph so fast,trust me with all that power it will pull the gears like they were stock, you will prob have around 7hp with a topspeed of 38mph if not!

sounds great buddy, i cant wait till youve ran it in and make a vid.it should shift with the pipe you have. im starting another project myself.

ren, with all that power 18/46 wont do jack. seriously mate,20/44 is what you want for small areas, and when you are on the big field 22/42.you wont loose much bottom with your setup surely.
i use 20/44 on my stock engine and it looses no bottom.
on my ported job, i used 26/38 on large tarmac areas, from standstill to its top speed for that gear ratio(67mph) it took around 4.5seconds so it defo didnt bog too bad!!! on grass i use 22/42 again no lag no bog.
16/48 is great for stock engines stock pipes but even when you use 20/44 with the 29 oddi ,redrace,ecu,victory, it will hit top speed with seconds and just sit there.
i think if you use 22/42 on tarmac/short grass, you will hit 50mph so fast,trust me with all that power it will pull the gears like they were stock, you will prob have around 7hp with a topspeed of 38mph if not!

no need to run it in mate they come done he runs them in on the dyno,im probaly going to go 20/44 but first im sticking with stock gearing to try it,im hoping with all the bolt ons for between 7-8 hp im not at all botherd about top speed its all about being nippy like a hot hatch,mostly i run in small areas so top speed is not needed and to be honest how it is now is plenty quick enough for me

no need to run it in mate they come done he runs them in on the dyno,im probaly going to go 20/44 but first im sticking with stock gearing to try it,im hoping with all the bolt ons for between 7-8 hp im not at all botherd about top speed its all about being nippy like a hot hatch,mostly i run in small areas so top speed is not needed and to be honest how it is now is plenty quick enough for me
ok, but i find when i get over 6hp,all them low gears lose no bottom, you seen that hormann vid i put up with 20/44 gears, it hits full speed straight away then just sits at 50mph!! I wouldnt use lower then that for the obr,well undergeared, so 22/42 losses no bottom as its only another 6 to 7mph ontop.trust me if its anything like the ht2 you will forghet all about 18/46 as it does nothinb, like 1st gear in a 1/1 you will hit top revs in a matter of a few seconds, i wouldnt be suprised if you could wheelspin it to top speed lol

I didnt see the full potential of my new engine until i geared it up,as most cars with stock engines and 18/46 gears and a tuned pipe will get to the top rpms in a short time.i know you only use small places but even there it will get to top speed fast!!!!. i think your new engine is going to be alot more than the onroad 23cc you have,the extra torqu will help you fly through the gears for a start .the 29cc engine is upto date offroad tuned , i think you will gear it up once you see the power.
also with 7 or 8 hp you might have traction issues till you get to 20mph or so .
when you get it done,you should come to one of the bashers msuk meets. id love to see how it performs to my fg(with pipe etc) alot of people are interested how a basher engine compares to a thorough bred race engine,especially with all the trimmings !!! that is certainly going to be a top set up,alot of people would kill for that set up,ya lucky begger.

Last edited:
Take a photo of the pads you need, i've got poop load you can have - if they're the right ones.

will do mike there megatech ones with the 2 holes at the top if youve got any let me know and ill grap them from you next weekend at the indoor event at essex ill give you a drink mate,they only sell them in 4 at tps and there bloody 30 euros i can get ones for the golf for less

Attachments

• 13019930024d9ad62ac029a.jpg
    13019930024d9ad62ac029a.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
will do mike there megatech ones with the 2 holes at the top if youve got any let me know and ill grap them from you next weekend at the indoor event at essex ill give you a drink mate,they only sell them in 4 at tps and there bloody 30 euros i can get ones for the golf for less

Got boat loads of them or you could get the oddified carbon disc and pads just to be flash.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks