The most controversial engine ever

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll hold judgement for a while. They certainly started the company with quite a stir. I hope they will strive to become as much an asset to the community as the companies they seek to “compete” with.

That's gonna be real tough without a presence in the USA. On the west coast at least, if your in the racing scene you'd be racing with the other engine makers and company sponsors. IDK how you compete with that.

I’ll hold judgement for a while. They certainly started the company with quite a stir. I hope they will strive to become as much an asset to the community as the companies they seek to “compete” with.

I agree, i told the guy to keep his trap shut and just build stuff but he didn't lol. Told him also to do something new, he says he is which is only partly true. We will see what comes of it hopefully as time goes on.

Here are some comparison pics, although they obviously resemble each other they have quite a bit of differences. The Akill pipe has a larger chamber diameter, while the olimate has a larger stinger diameter. Obviously with that said, they will both have differences in power band.20221214_200120.jpg20221214_200142.jpg20221214_200153.jpg
That's gonna be real tough without a presence in the USA. On the west coast at least, if your in the racing scene you'd be racing with the other engine makers and company sponsors. IDK how you compete with that.

That's definitely tough and not likely to happen, his shipping was quick. But realistically you would just need most major spare parts on hand. Which let's face it, if your racing you likely already do

Maybe your right John I'll reserve judgement til I see some videos and do more research. Just seems like the only ones to stick in the game are the ones that are an actual part of the hobby. I could compare OBR and ESP. Love Dougs motors but his brand seems to be a second thought for most people they will go OBR. Doug was in the game first I believe but doesn't have a rc presence, DDM keeps him alive.

I agree, i told the guy to keep his trap shut and just build stuff but he didn't lol. Told him also to do something new, he says he is which is only partly true. We will see what comes of it hopefully as time goes on.

Here are some comparison pics, although they obviously resemble each other they have quite a bit of differences. The Akill pipe has a larger chamber diameter, while the olimate has a larger stinger diameter. Obviously with that said, they will both have differences in power band.View attachment 84621View attachment 84622View attachment 84623

That's definitely tough and not likely to happen, his shipping was quick. But realistically you would just need most major spare parts on hand. Which let's face it, if your racing you likely already do
Nice looking pipe most likely the olimat pipe will have a better power band the expansion chamber and stinger size is crucial for optimal power but it’s hard to not look sexy when your dripping in titanium👀

I love all brands. There are snobs in every aspect of everything in life. Just because I own a taylor engine doesn’t mean I will use 100% taylor parts. Hell I even use rovan parts with it. Im not ashamed. You just gotta be smart enough to cherry pick the good stuff.

I love all brands. There are snobs in every aspect of everything in life. Just because I own a taylor engine doesn’t mean I will use 100% taylor parts. Hell I even use rovan parts with it. Im not ashamed. You just gotta be smart enough to cherry pick the good stuff.
It’s generally not snobs. People that argue that cloning is bad for the hobby aren’t attacking people for not buying the most expensive stuff. They are defending original companies that develop their own products from companies that steal their intellectual property. It requires a very nuanced conversation which is hard to accomplish over the internet. The main point is it’s generally not bad people it’s just regular people that are bad at expressing their points of view

It’s generally not snobs. People that argue that cloning is bad for the hobby aren’t attacking people for not buying the most expensive stuff. They are defending original companies that develop their own products from companies that steal their intellectual property. It requires a very nuanced conversation which is hard to accomplish over the internet. The main point is it’s generally not bad people it’s just regular people that are bad at expressing their points of view

Nailed it. Their are points to both sides, and I generally don't support clone companies. However I feel this engine is different in many ways.

Clones will never "take over" as their are to many supporters of name brands. I'll support U.S. brands long before I continue support for a company I can't easily get parts for. Of course I'll support many others as I like variety, and rarity of some brands. But, for most every day Basher, most your name brands will always have popularity.

Bartolone in my mind has slowly lost his following and supporters by not producing much of anything. I know he went through a rough patch for a bit, but the last 4 years haven't got better as far as motors and parts being produced or his customer support.

Bartolone has dropped a lot of engines on DDM recently. He's also been coming up with a cylinder head similar to the akill and trc 35.

We now have a akill in our group of racers and will be testing it out. Issue is how long the engine will last. Looks good but gonna take some time before I make the purchase tho.

Bartolone has dropped a lot of engines on DDM recently. He's also been coming up with a cylinder head similar to the akill and trc 35.

We now have a akill in our group of racers and will be testing it out. Issue is how long the engine will last. Looks good but gonna take some time before I make the purchase tho.

Yea he has, but for the average Basher or general public his customer support compared to almost all others is non-existant. I support him still, but he definitely isn't my go to on most anything.

Motor looks great John. I could careless if it’s knockoff. The point is, he grabbed that product and made it better which happens with every manufacturer in existence. They need to test against the competition and improve the product.

Any updates on this @John Parks ?

I'm shifting for this weekend, this winter so far has been extremely cold. Few weeks ago it was -60 below zero. Been hit or miss on weather, calling for a snow storm the next few days. Hoping this weekend if it's gets nice again but I wouldn't hold my breath lol.

Also seems like when the weather is warm, I'm working 110 hour weeks. Never fails

I'm shifting for this weekend, this winter so far has been extremely cold. Few weeks ago it was -60 below zero. Been hit or miss on weather, calling for a snow storm the next few days. Hoping this weekend if it's gets nice again but I wouldn't hold my breath lol.

Also seems like when the weather is warm, I'm working 110 hour weeks. Never fails
Damn. 60 below is crazy!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks