DBXL Thinking about buying a Losi DBXL-E

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still have a hpi baja 5 b left.
Some of you might remember me. I’ve owned mcd’s, FG’s, redcat’s hpi fifth scales

looking at a dbxl-e.

anything I should know?
My lhs has lots of parts and hoppups.

I currently own 2 xmaxx both 8s, two 6s arrma one kraton and a notorious.

and a few nitros. A couple Losi lst2’s And a X-ray xt8.
I own a gas model. Servos junk. Tires are soft. Shocks are junk. But I don't think they're to bad for the Dbxle 2.0 version. And overall I love it.

Clubin and the rest who owns that DBXL-E 2.0 beauty, how is it so far? any known bugs?
Clubin, have you changed the Radio to the 7PX?, how is it with that radio? I'm using Sanwa on my RC's.
I'm thinking to buy it or to stay with my current one (V1)... I've burnt the original ESC a few weeks ago and the body is a bit broken... buying the Hobbywing Max5 800Kv + body and shipment will get to at least 663$ at least.

Clubin and the rest who owns that DBXL-E 2.0 beauty, how is it so far? any known bugs?
Clubin, have you changed the Radio to the 7PX?, how is it with that radio? I'm using Sanwa on my RC's.
I'm thinking to buy it or to stay with my current one (V1)... I've burnt the original ESC a few weeks ago and the body is a bit broken... buying the Hobbywing Max5 800Kv + body and shipment will get to at least 663$ at least.
I bought a v1 for 799 Canadian for parts. Lots is the same. All the DVD’s and drive cups are different. Internal diff cup is the same. External diff case different bulk heads are different. But still tons of spare parts.
So far I love it.
I’m still using the radio it came with. Been cold here. Haven’t run it for a week. This weekend I will.

Is it possible to upgrade easily from V1 to V2? or I will have to change the whole thing, starting from the chasis?
If I can perform this upgrade in 200-300$ I'll go for it!
By the way, I've got some spares to my DBXL-E V1 that I've never installed.
Like, improved Spur & Pinion + Boots set, would I be able to use these on the V2?

Last edited:
I've just cancelled my HobbyWing Max5 order... will order tomorrow the DBXLE V2 from the LHS.
How's the servo? is it worth anything? any recommendations?

I've just cancelled my HobbyWing Max5 order... will order tomorrow the DBXLE V2 from the LHS.
How's the servo? is it worth anything? any recommendations?
Stocker is loud. On the 2.0. I’ll upgrade soon. I’m going to try burn it out first.

I love mine. I’m sure you will feel the same. It is such a well put together Rc! Typical of losi.

@Clubin , can you confirm the Servo box dimensions? so I'll be able to search for a good Servo for it?
The Hitec d845 servo which @evssv mentioned seems to be great! but I ask myself if I'll need to purchase a different case for it? or servo saver? also, is there any metal servo arm compatible with that V2 Losi already?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks