DBXL Thinking about buying a Losi DBXL-E

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’d say yes.
Are there any kit breakers for Losi? Looked at Jenny's, which is my go-to for Arrma rigs, and it's a very short list. It's nice to have a cheaper option than manufacturer and one that provides fully built parts (i.e. shocks, differentials)

So, I hope to get my new DBXL-e v2.0 upcomin' Wednesday.
I was thinking about purchasing additional parts, as recommended in this thread) like the Castle dual fans (CSE011-0019-00) & Hitec servo.
regards to the Servo, while looking for the Hitech D845WP (part number 36845) I found two different versions of it (at least in it's look)
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?I=HRCM6845 and
https://www.amainhobbies.com/hitec-...teel-gear-servo-high-voltage-hrc36845/p469129

I'm also thinking about purchasing the Spectrum programming device (if there's any..)
Which is the correct one? both seem to be the same... :|
Also, anything else you may recommend to purchase at this phase? later on, I will replace the ESC & motor.

This is the newer version, some argue the older version is better. Likely you will get the newest version as there are not many places that still have the older style still.

Screenshot_20191214-061052_Chrome.jpg

So I've got my new Fox today ;-)
The first thing I did, was to take off my Receiver, cables extenders, sensors and engine fans from the old Losi DBXL-E V1.
On Friday I'm going to take all of my RC cars ESC's connector from EC5 to XT90 - after that, I'll install my mod's into the new Losi DBXL-E V2.

Did any of you have the chance to check the compatibility of DDM Jofer-RC Skid Plate for DBXL-E (db195BK) for the V2?
If not, I'll check it before the weekend - as I'll sell my old V1 RC (with these skid plates installed) on Saturday...

IMG_20200101_221104.jpg
IMG_20200101_232958.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200101_221104.jpg
    IMG_20200101_221104.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 0
So I've got my new Fox today ;-)
The first thing I did, was to take off my Receiver, cables extenders, sensors and engine fans from the old Losi DBXL-E V1.
On Friday I'm going to take all of my RC cars ESC's connector from EC5 to XT90 - after that, I'll install my mod's into the new Losi DBXL-E V2.

Did any of you have the chance to check the compatibility of DDM Jofer-RC Skid Plate for DBXL-E (db195BK) for the V2?
If not, I'll check it before the weekend - as I'll sell my old V1 RC (with these skid plates installed) on Saturday...

View attachment 55730
View attachment 55731

nice man, those fox shocks look pretty cool .... I suggest you start your own thread for your build so we can keep track of it ??

@Gaffle , It seems like that. but it doesn't mention that it is for 1/5 RC scale.
I've just taken my old dual fans (same item as I've written about previously) from my V1 DBXL-e - will install it on the new one :)

I am looking to purchase one with the Spektrum Batteries but the batteries are backordered until late January. I am located in the Houston, Texas area and none of the local hobby shops have inventory.

Yeah I have a few turnergy for me helis been very good for the price. Spektrum just pisses me off with their "new" line. They have fixed nothing, and barely improved the products. Just added some gimmicky BS that doesn't really add value to their line. And the best part, people will eat it up, and we already have good tememitry, top of the line chargers. Battery testers (built into some good chargers) and the whole works.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks