Thinking about Hilantronics and Savox or Futaba for my Baja.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I've been looking at the Hilantronics 5000 as a steering servo for a long time because of its turning speed and good torque and I'm contemplating on pulling the trigger in 2 weeks. OR should I just bite the bullet for the 80kg?

Right now I have a SPT Servo SPT70HV-320 in and it has ok torque and all but it's just not all that good overall and it doesn't center well. I've noticed my Baja listing to the left and right after turning on gravel and its pretty annoying since my steering setup has no slop.

I'm thinking about the Savox SC-1256TG as a throttle servo however I just learned about the Futaba S9157 and I hear it might be better. Right now I have a ds-seevo because its what I had lying around.

This would mean I would need to upgrade to a Life battery. I'll take suggestions for that one.

Last edited:
I personally don't think 80kg is need in a baja where ½ the time the front wheels are floating and the other ½ the time you steer from the rear🤷‍♂️ 50 kg is plenty IMHO
I Agee it’s not like it’s 4wd unless you plan on running those giant wheels then I would get the hilltronics but the more expensive one like the gray or black. I only run life battery’s also

I Agee it’s not like it’s 4wd unless you plan on running those giant wheels then I would get the hilltronics but the more expensive one like the gray or black. I only run life battery’s also
I am most likely gonna get a Life battery. I the RadioLink reciver can take 3s if I'm not mistaken and I see lots of data to support it. IF I absolutely have to ill get a lipo.

How's your life treating you?

I am stupid with my lipo, they are all over the place, I charge them when nobody is home sometimes, and Leave them in my rigs, and I have never had a lipo fire unless set intentionally (don't ask 🤣)
I don't suggest anyone do this btw

So I've did some research and it seems that the r7fg reciver can only take up to 10v. LIFE 3S is rated at 9.9v however the servos are only rated at 8.4v. Now in old-school when it comes to rc electronics I remember when escs were mechanical. This has left me with a gap in my knowledge in how modern rc electronics function so my next question is would 9.9v go into the servo or would the receiver step that down?

And we have reached the point of over analyzing the situation. Reciever batteries are 2s and a servo rated for 8.4v doesn't need to necessarily be at that voltage ... my hillantronics is rated upto 8.4 and I run 7.4
Devils in the details. Don't wanna waste money but obviously want something good. Hoping not to burn out parts in the process.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks