Thinking the heard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which electric one? The 1.0 is basically a gas version with an electric motor. That has all the same issues that the gas version had. The 2.0 version has all it's own drive train that's "better" but theres no updated gas version to compare to. Also doesn't help people are inherently lazy, so anything they can toss a battery at and run will get favorable reviews.
After owning a gas version for almost 6 years as my exclusive 1/5 scale, I would honesty tell you to skip over it. doesn't matter the platform you'll be sorely disappointed in it. It's not a 5ive, or even close. Only good thing is it's pretty small for a 1/5 scale. Still handles like crap, kicks pins, and can eat through diffs. All fixable, but till your done your right under the cost of a 5ive. Oh and the stock engine is a turd. Someone else will have to blow sunshine up your rump about the 2.0 e word version.

You can build a electric Losi 5ive b for about $300-400 more. It’s miles Better. I have the dbxl e, brushless 5ive b, and brushless Baja 5sc.

I wish I never bought the dbxl but when I was getting into 1/5 scale I didn’t know better. At least i bought it used so I didn’t pay full price. The stock electronics aren’t very good either I had to replace both esc and motor in a month

One of the lads I bash with has an electric 5T (amongst many many other models) and its a very nice rig, it jumps better than the petrol version and handles really nice as the weight is better distributed and low down, down side is that he gets 25mins from a pair of 6500mah 4S Lipo's.
I have an electric 6th scale rig that when I take out just gets abused from word go, its easier to use than the 2 stroke stuff and can be taken to the forests etc but its not quite as fun as my truck even if the truck is slower.
I would think really hard about going for an electric rig, the rig itself will be cheap, but when you factor in £75 for a charger, then £300 in batteries to run for an hour at a time then charging batteries for the next 3-4 hours, that side of it stops it being fun as is why I barely take mine out. If I'm going for a bash on the field down by my house I'll grab my truck, throw a tank of fuel in it and go bash for 45mins.

ps my electric rig is a cheap FS Racing buggy running 6S, is 4wd and is now pretty much fully custom (cost me £250 all in). I'd hate to think I'd dropped £1000 before batteries.
I think it being electric means you bash it like a 1/10 or 1/8 scale rig which they aren't designed to be bashed that hard.
I'd put the money to one side for now and see if the itch is still there in couple of months.

O. K. That's it ,,,, I sold a Traxxas slash and a bunch of parts , not much of a start , but I'm going to purchase a losi dbxl 2.0 E , regardless of everybody's good advises on this decision , only way I can get away with it , considering my meritle status , is to sell stuff , I really see Noooooo , reason for 27 RC cars anymore ! Well at least that what she says she counted last night ? , so if I sell sell sell , I can't be held responsible for my own insanity ? ?

If it brings you enjoyment then its a worth while purchase. Now you need to look into batteries and chargers etc.

At least your purging a couple of rigs to gain 1 more, can pass it off to the boss like that.

????. I have alllll the batteries n chargers all of us on this pecking board can stand , I've got a solid metal storage shelving case outside that safely stores all the lipo crap anybody needs and I've become a lipo storage scientist it feels like , I've never had a fire ! So just the price of the rig , a new servo , and I'm gunna give there easy pay plan a try for the first time , even though they been begging me for years ??again with the YYEEEEEHAAAAAAW !!!!

So I got the o.k. from the higher order ?only because our country's great new leader is making it easier ( Cha - Ching ! ) I got the DBX E 2.0 ON THE WAY ! , I did there easy pay deal for the first time , I does take the bite of the purchase down a bit , and plenty of money to cusion the fallout of the monthly bills to boot ! So I'll be comfortable with it I geuss , just love that body style , in a year or so I'll have it where I want it , as in my bashing remodle ????

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks