Throttle/Brake Servo Fitment Issues - Rovan Baja 5B

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91300zx

Picked up a standard size servo to replace my throttle/brake servo and it is to small to fit on the tabs. Hitec D954SW. Is a standard size servo the wrong servo? Thanks

Last edited:
Throttle and brake are 1 servo unless you have hydro brakes or other fancy setups. You need a 1/5 scale size servo.
The servo is that size for the brakes not throttle just an fyi.

Lol. Just realized I didnt add that part. Thanks rovan baja 5b
the hitec should be a direct fit then mate,
but, i know what ya mean i think, it doesn't matter whether its a rovan/km or hpi battery box, some servos are just a very tight fit on the servo mount,
see if you can work it out, but if not, post a pic of how far out it actually is , then some of us may be able to offer a better suggestion for a fix (y)

Im not asking about a steering servo. I understand throttle/ brake servo are the same was just to lazy to type throttle/brake servo but thank you. Servo in question.
20221201_184754.jpg20221201_184655.jpg20221201_184636.jpg
The D845 fit up with minimum issue. Just a little flex on the mount.
20221201_185353.jpg

Im not asking about a steering servo. I understand throttle/ brake servo are the same was just to lazy to type throttle/brake servo but thank you. Servo in question.
View attachment 84456View attachment 84457View attachment 84458
The D845 fit up with minimum issue. Just a little flex on the mount.
View attachment 84459
two options really mate,
1; just modify the tabs a little on the servo so it fits,and use a flat washer on top of the servo tab,(obviously at your own risk)
or use the servo rubbers without the brass inserts and use a flat washer on top of the rubbers which will give you a little wiggle room on the screws,
the servo being a little short has always been an issue on the baja when fitting replacements (y) ,

two options really mate,
1; just modify the tabs a little on the servo so it fits,and use a flat washer on top of the servo tab,(obviously at your own risk)
or use the servo rubbers without the brass inserts and use a flat washer on top of the rubbers which will give you a little wiggle room on the screws,
the servo being a little short has always been an issue on the baja when fitting replacements (y) ,
Appreciate all your replies as well lol. Thought I picked the right servo for zero modifying, oh well. Picked up some fullforce servo clamps so ill get it to work.

Appreciate all your replies as well lol. Thought I picked the right servo for zero modifying, oh well.
its just that different servo makers all seem to have a different idea of what a standard size servo is mate :D, the hole spacing i mean,
some will fit better than others, but even savox standard size servos are a tight fit over the lugs,

two options really mate,
Bit late to the party here but just listen to spents 😆

Im in the same boat as Rep although some light sanding took care of it. Ordered the wrong servo clamps but it turned out I needed them anyway lol. Really wish standard size servo meant standard size servo for all companies.
20221201_210508.jpg

Several options really, drill the holes out larger on the servo to create enough room to fit over the mount, or take the centering tabs off and use a washer on the top side of the servo. Can also only take off one side of the centering holes so you still have two holes to hold it in place. Lots of options, all will work fine

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks