Throttle servo died

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6smax

Hi guys, recently my throttle servo on my FG died. The reciever is working, I put an motor fan in the same slot and it worked. So the problem is the servo.

20181129_164733.jpg
This is the servo (robbe futaba S9310), I looked for it on the internet, but it's old and nowhere to buy. So I'm looking for a replacement servo. Do any of you guys have recommendations?

Thanks!!

Thanks, but I believe the servo I have is analog. Also the price is high. I don't want to spend a lot of money on it. (I'm 16 y/o so my budget is low) Also I need about the same size so it would fit.

Old age, it is built like 17 years ago ?

I went through 3 throttle servo's on my Baja ,I think mine is of stress do to not being adjusted right ,in which
caused them to over heat an burn up ,they are getting so hot ,they are melting the casing ,so you might want
to pull it an inspect it for that!

Usually ,they have a spring on the rods to help with load pressure ,I see that yours don't have anything like that ,
your throttle an brake rods look heavy duty!

I went through 3 throttle servo's on my Baja ,I think mine is of stress do to not being adjusted right ,in which
caused them to over heat an burn up ,they are getting so hot ,they are melting the casing ,so you might want
to pull it an inspect it for that!

Usually ,they have a spring on the rods to help with load pressure ,I see that yours don't have anything like that ,
your throttle an brake rods look heavy duty!
Yeah, unfortunately it is all really old and need to be replaced ☹ which will cost money (amounts of money I can not spend on RC only...).

Yeah, unfortunately it is all really old and need to be replaced ☹ which will cost money (amounts of money I can not spend on RC only...).

You can check E-bay for a good used one ,some times ,you can find those good used steering servo's for
about 20 bucks or under!

I been seeing them ,because I am on a budget too ,I mainly look for the AE 2008 steering servo's ,they can handle
a beating for 1/8 scale steering ,but there is other low budget brands!

You can check E-bay for a good used one ,some times ,you can find those good used steering servo's for
about 20 bucks or under!

I been seeing them ,because I am on a budget too ,I mainly look for the AE 2008 steering servo's ,they can handle
a beating for 1/8 scale steering ,but there is other low budget brands!
I just found a reallt similair servo. Same dimensions, only a little bit higher. Also 6V and analog. I asked the hobby shop if it is compatible.

https://www.1001modelbouw.nl/radiog...utaba-01000879-servo-s9202-4513886008054.html

It is in Dutch, so good luck reading it ? lol.

I just found a reallt similair servo. Same dimensions, only a little bit higher. Also 6V and analog. I asked the hobby shop if it is compatible.

https://www.1001modelbouw.nl/radiog...utaba-01000879-servo-s9202-4513886008054.html

It is in Dutch, so good luck reading it ? lol.

That is a standard size servo ,an is most commonly used in air craft ,but should still work for a while ,although
it is a plastic geared servo ,the steering servo's are metal geared ,the plastic may eventually break!

You might should retune your throttle arms ,an make sure that your servo is not being put in a bind to
were it is not straining the servo ,there should be throw adjustments on the transmitter ,an you might have
to re-adjust the rod ends & servo arm to the spline on the servo ,if it is in a bind ,either braking or throttle ,
the servo will chatter or stutter an make noise ,that might over heat the servo or eventually kill it!

That is a standard size servo ,an is most commonly used in air craft ,but should still work for a while ,although
it is a plastic geared servo ,the steering servo's are metal geared ,the plastic may eventually break!

You might should retune your throttle arms ,an make sure that your servo is not being put in a bind to
were it is not straining the servo ,there should be throw adjustments on the transmitter ,an you might have
to re-adjust the rod ends & servo arm to the spline on the servo ,if it is in a bind ,either braking or throttle ,
the servo will chatter or stutter an make noise ,that might over heat the servo or eventually kill it!
Okay, well I looked up on it on a site and that site said the replacement from the S9301 was the S9202.

Okay, well I looked up on it on a site and that site said the replacement from the S9301 was the S9202.

Some of those Futaba 's are the best ,they do take a lot ,even if they are in a plane ,as they are under a
stress load of flaps on the wings ,an rudders as they are constantly have input on them back & fourth!

On the US side of E-bay ,I see tons of good used high quality servo's pretty reasonable in which some
of them ecceeded past 80 bucks when new!

I messed up last month ,an let 3 AE Team Asoc. 2008 servo's go for 5 bucks a piece ,as they
would make good throttle servo!.....:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks