Time for a chain saw??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not all bad.
Bought a 900 with the insurance.
Test rode it with a broken leg.
Then traded it in on an 1100.
Trouble is he stuffed my back and it's deteriorated over the years.
Thinking about building a ramp so I don't have to lift my cars in and out of the Navara.
Otherwise all good. (y)

Spent about 4 hour cutting and hauling then about another 4 hours splitting 👍🏻 and 4 tanks of fuel in the saw🤔 so quite a bit really 😅
That didn't cost poop. Go see of 8 hrs of work will fill a fuel oil tank up. I've actually been pretty lazy with wood, as I got an early jump on it and have the shed about full already. Need to get the back pile cut and split this year, and move the front pile out back.

Your entire house is wood heated isn't it? Lucky for me I have gas and aircon in the house 👍🏻 so the wood is just for the man cave. So I don't have to go too mental with cutting👏🏻 was at a mates place last night and she was saying, the cost of 1 ton is $450AUD + - $360USD.
@Seandonato73 whats the cost there if you buying?
That didn't cost poop. Go see of 8 hrs of work will fill a fuel oil tank up. I've actually been pretty lazy with wood, as I got an early jump on it and have the shed about full already. Need to get the back pile cut and split this year, and move the front pile out back.

Your entire house is wood heated isn't it? Lucky for me I have gas and aircon in the house 👍🏻 so the wood is just for the man cave. So I don't have to go too mental with cutting👏🏻 was at a mates place last night and she was saying, the cost of 1 ton is $450AUD + - $360USD.
@Seandonato73 whats the cost there if you buying?
Per cord cost varies, depending on time of year, wood type and if its seasoned or not. Also highly dependent in area, and if delivered vs picked up. (Many guys won't do pick up, just delivered) stacking typically costs extra as well. I've seen as low as $125.00 per cord. (I'm assuming junk, unseasoned wood) up and over $500.00 per cord. I don't pay for wood, but last I checked with my logging buddy I could get a log truck delivered for about $700.00 USD. Theoretically that should be enough to heat the house for about 3 years may be 4 if we had some mild winters. I've always maintained its cheaper to buy oil if you have to pay for delivered cord wood. And I mean a full cord, 128cuft not a the stupid face cord, or cube that most of the rest of the world uses. Which I find ironic since it's a carry over from England.

Its a volume measurement. 128 cubic feet. Or 3.625 cubic meters for your communist measurement users. 🤭.
I haven't found a std definition for a cube, but on my saw forum the ausies use the term cube quite often. The one (cowboy) says he has get a full cube in his ute, which is half the size of a real pickup and I can't get a full cord in mine, so I'm assuming somewhere around half a cord of wood is a cube. (?)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks