Time line shift

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like it wasnt doing too bad. I have a suggestion for your suspension if you'd like to try it out. It seems you get a good bit of bounce over the jumps, and rough spots. Which is tossing you about and taking you off your line. I would try either softening up the rear suspension a bit, or trying a bit heavier shock fluid in the rear. Also idk if you can set bias for front to rear diff, but the front doesn't seem to be pulling you around the turns very well, it looks more like a push if you will. Im no expert for track set up, so take it for what it's worth. Just looked like a lot of power wasnt getting to the ground with how it was handling to me.

Looks like it wasnt doing too bad. I have a suggestion for your suspension if you'd like to try it out. It seems you get a good bit of bounce over the jumps, and rough spots. Which is tossing you about and taking you off your line. I would try either softening up the rear suspension a bit, or trying a bit heavier shock fluid in the rear. Also idk if you can set bias for front to rear diff, but the front doesn't seem to be pulling you around the turns very well, it looks more like a push if you will. Im no expert for track set up, so take it for what it's worth. Just looked like a lot of power wasnt getting to the ground with how it was handling to me.
I agree here. Also try lowering a bit. I can't believe there are no jumps on that track. Looked like you was having fun tho. Good work! Please put that losi back out there!

Cheers Sean ?? the way the fg is setup, it has no center diff ?? it has a belt so its like having a locker? so no bias and the diffs don't get filled with silicon just a bit of grease?? as for the shocks id for now reduce the preload??
I agree here. Also try lowering a bit. I can't believe there are no jumps on that track. Looked like you was having fun tho. Good work! Please put that losi back out there!
Was having a thrash??‍♂️ id have to do some serious work on the losi? swap out the diff oils , 6k spring on the clutch , change spur and pinion back to 21/58 ? hack out the wind screen coz my biggest issue last time was heat?‍♂️ the fg had 6k spring 26cc and doesn't care about heat as much??‍♂️

Last edited:
Cheers Sean ?? the way the fg is setup, it has no center diff ?? it has a belt so its like having a locker? so no bias and the diffs don't get filled with silicon just a bit of grease?? as for the shocks id for now reduce the preload??

Was having a thrash??‍♂️ id have to do some serious work on the losi? swap out the diff oils , 6k spring on the clutch , change spur and pinion back to 21/58 ? hack out the wind screen coz my biggest issue last time was heat?‍♂️ the fg had 6k spring 26cc and doesn't care about heat as much??‍♂️

The club here has closed but the local nitro boys have worked out a few places to play.
I had a run with them on the weekend and found out how hard it is to stay between the lines esp with 2WD.
I was surprised I could out run a nitro in the straights with a 25cc though.

I can work with that ?. Well get you the fastest fg in the oz.... take a few shots of how the shocks mount as well. Changing the upper angle will affect how it handles as well.

Your front suspension doesn't seem to be the issue. You need some more camber for the turns, since you cant adjust your diff. I'll have to look up which way does what in moving the shocks up and down in the holes, I think the lesser angel is easier to compress, but you can keep the higher spring rate..... I like the beetle body better, but I think that set up would work better for ya lol.
How long are the shocks?

The full 10 min was just too long mate, I ended up skipping around a bit towards the end of it. Man I'm gonna have to brush up on steering geometry. If you want to get technical measure what your set up is before you change anything. That way you have a base line to go back to. I really think how your fg ran, you could kick some arse with the suspension set up decent.

Made a few adjustments ??
lengthened the steering turnbuckles and the hub has couple connecting points ? moved up closer to the hub = less toe out?? this should help with steering overallView attachment 63633
Also reduced preload on all 4 shocks
should make for a smother ride ????
Now we wait two weeks?
View attachment 63634
cant you go there by yourself? why do u haveta wait 2 weeks for everyone to show up?

Do those giant grips work good on the track? A smaller pin might help out with traction too.
They seemed to be alright ? ? cant say it was my biggest concern ? staying off my back and between the lines was all I could think about?‍♂️?? i could also change the bug to this for round the same outlay ?? RTR leopard Screenshot_20200915-072411_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20200915-072308_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20200915-072225_Samsung Internet.jpg
Not that crazy bout the body?‍♂️ but maybe a doug spray job lighten things up???????

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks