Times are changing.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like @Striikar said, this isn't new. Many cities have even forcing gas powered equipment out for years. Propane, diesel, and battery powered equipment is favored. This topic has hit pretty hard with the tree care and logging community. The few professional battery saws are small and don't go long on a charge. This effectively kills off both markets, if nothing else due to the sheer cost of the nessisary batteries to keep a crew running, let alone no replacement for larger displacement equipment. I'm all for new tech, but the idiots pushing for this have no idea what they are proposing. We are not there yet. Batteries arnt even close to the power densities we need, and are far from "green" to produce or dispose of. Next we can move on to the pathetic grid we have state side, a 70odd year old system that was designed to have a 25 year life span. With the bad quilt of patches the electric companies have been using were about 3 steps away from system failure. Take Texas as a grand example. Little bit of cold and the grid failed.
(Which I'll note we use the same generation tech in Antarctica with zero issues, turbines don't care how cold it is)
I'll also note California has been killing off power sports engines for years. You need to get a green/red tag for your atv/bike or rail. This determines if you can run it all the time or just part of the time.
Communism is real brothers get ready.

Been doing a lot of research into solar for the house the past month or so. Best estimates are a 3.5 to 6% energy cost increase per year. (Not factoring the big battery powered push) currently my bill is up nearly to $300.00 per month. Historically we're using within 50kwh in any month for the past 7 years.
After speaking with my electric company I was basically told to suck it up, it's not getting any cheaper. Leading us to look at alternatives.
If we continue to do the normal thing, my monthly electric bill will be close to the $1k mark in 25 years. Think of all the rc goodness you could buy if you had that money in your pocket......

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks