Tire mounting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So when I bought my 5B I had ordered a set of rear tires (Duratrax Sixpack) . They looked more aggressive than the tires that come on the buggy. Next after messing with the buggy a bit tightening screws I saw that the threads on the plastic wheels weren't going to last long if I have to retighten them very often. So I picked up a set of aluminum rims for the rear to mount the tires to so that I can swap them.

I watched a bunch of videos & did some reading on how to mount the tires on the rims. Everything I saw or read made it sound like this was going to be a real pain in the ass. This wasn't bad at all and took me about 15 mins a wheel . the biggest hassle is duck taping the foam because it doesn't like to stick . Was there suppose to be more drama to this or did I get lucky. Everything just dropped into the notches and went together.

Attachments

• IMG_20180808_194410089.jpg
    IMG_20180808_194410089.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 36
Duratrax tires aren't that bad to mount. The rubber is pretty soft unlike Hostile tires. Good luck with the Duratrax tires. They won't take much sidewall damage before they fail.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks