Tools

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

japhia42

Ok guys here's one I've not seen in a feed...looking for a good, reliable set of T-handle metric hex wrenches. Don't need a set of Facoms, however, I don't want a set from the Dollar General either. I have a 10 piece Ampro set I'm not impressed with. Preferably long reach, no ball end. Getting prepped to wrench on my Losi Christmas Day. Thanks.

I've seen them. A little "iffy" with their don't use to loosen or tighten disclaimer on them too.

I see the Maatco, Snap-on trucks along with a local company in Montgomery everyday on my route.
May have to take a look

I see the Maatco, Snap-on trucks along with a local company in Montgomery everyday on my route.
May have to take a look
Best part of those trucks is they offer credit. As long as you make payments every week they'll give you about anything you want. Working with quality tools makes wrenching far more enjoyable. Crappy loose hexes suck a big one. Plus if you do break one, just hand it in and they give you a new one.

I have both the DDM's and Snap-On. The DDM's are great and I use them most of the time while wrenching. Just don't use the small ball ends that come in the kit. They break easy. Other than that they work just fine??
That's the problem I had with my set of Ampro. Half the ball ends wore out and the other half(the ones I use anyway) broke off.

These are my preferred hex tools. I have more control and a better feel for torque applied with a ratchet versus a T-handle. For the 1.5mm shock bleeder screw I use an allen wrench. In my opinion, the only time you need a long reach is when you pull the cylinder.

Thanks guys. My HPI has a couple of places that calls for a long reach, just can't wait to get into this Losi 2.0 and see what other goodies I can get for my field box and my bench.

I would NOT recommend DDM ball-end Hex tools to anyone; some of them snap very easily. I have all MIP now including ball-ends. I never fear stripping bolts any more. Their tolerances are super tight as well. Money well $pent...

I have a bondhus 4mm t handle and it never stripped a bolt. So im Gunna assume that the rest are no different
I have 2 Bondhus 5 mm T-handles I used for helicopters. Snapped one BUT in all fairness I was twisting one way, a friend twisting the other way on the rotor head bolts that controls pitch to try and loosen them up/

I’ve got a kit from DDM and 2 times I snapped the ball hex inside a bolt.... what a fiddlesticking mission to remove ?
Other then that, they have worked out ok. Obviously I don’t use the ball ends at ALL ?

http://www.davesmotors.com/complete...-ball-end-with-handles-and-socket-holder.html

I’ve since ordered the MIP’s from DDM working great so far

http://www.davesmotors.com/MIP-Speed-Tip-Hex-Driver-Wrench-Insert-Set-Metric-MIP9512.html

My biggest tool purchase has been a Milwaukee drill and these bits right here...

With this set up I can take the whole 5iveT apart and my hands and fingers won’t be in pain... using T handles and small Allen keys always leaves me with some type of hand pain.

http://www.davesmotors.com/DDM-Allen-Hex-Hardened-Short-Steel-Drivers-Set-of-5-2-2-5-3-4-5mm.html

Attachments

• D70DD0FE-26E3-4558-8F2D-9E7867EFB5ED.jpeg
    D70DD0FE-26E3-4558-8F2D-9E7867EFB5ED.jpeg
    121.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks