Tore DBXL Boot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
right on! what kind of grease do you use for it? i'm looking for a youtube on how to do it, someone has got to have recorded it. thanks!

Ah I’ll have to go get some at Pep Boys or something. Thanks a lot!
Alright I need some help. What do need to take apart to get this boot on? Please. I’m not super mechanical. I think I take apart in this order right? I really appreciate the help.
773CF830-60C5-44BC-A615-0E18B1F79382.jpeg

Last edited:
So how do you guys get this pin out to get the boot on? Im home free from there. Thanks.54BF528B-A64B-4F13-8C43-7EF5D22101A7.jpeg
I took the set screw out but this pin won’t budge. I think it needs to come out right? Thanks. You all have been a huge help.

Last edited:
@dougstar. I am so much on the same page as you. Ghetto done is well done. If it can't be workshopped, its not worth spending the time or money on anyway. With stuff like protective shields the ones that are factory made are insultingly priced. Unless you have 10 thumbs you can make some better yourself from better materials and save a pretty penny. It will look homemade unless you take a bunch of extra steps to make them extra nice. But if you know they will get gravelblasted from the moment it leaves the workshop, nevermind the looks, it just have to work. Everything that I can MacGyver myself from whatever is at hand or relatively cheap and nearby ,I will do so.

I call my LST2 XX for 'the Trash-Am' because it is now a collection of old junk and second and 3rd gen owned bits and bobs and it is also the one of my trucks that get used the most. The one that I drive truly fearlessly and it is coincidentally the only one that just takes it and takes it and takes it.... The two Losi and HPI queens will not put up with such treatment is for certain and due to cost I am a lot more careful when I drive those.

They are made to be replaceable. Losi sells pin kits so its gotta come out. Sorry for the crappy advice. My dbxl is pretty old so I'm sure its loosened up some from a newer model.

No worries at all. I appreciate any and all help. Here it is now. Can’t get it any further. Maybe I will soak it in oil and try tapping it through somehow. What a pain.

591356D7-F4C4-43E0-8AD2-1A776E960C60.jpeg
I think I will buy new dog bones and try those. For the life of me it won’t move at all.
They are made to be replaceable. Losi sells pin kits so its gotta come out. Sorry for the crappy advice. My dbxl is pretty old so I'm sure its loosened up some from a newer model.

Thanks Seandonato73 again. I appreciate the quick response. I was in the middle of it.

Last edited:
I don't know why I didnt think of it before. A cheap alternative to those pins are pianowire. You can get raw pianowire for relatively cheaps and just cut the pins off as you need them. The sizes are a perfect fit so my local RC hobby store actually sells pianowire for this reason. A single string will keep you with pins for a long time and at a price that is at least 100 times cheaper than getting them from Losi or some other backalley original part huckster.

well i got new dog arms and those pins wouldn't come out either. I figure these pins are not supposed to come out at all and i got the boot over the old one at least and hammered the pin back into place. what the hell are the set screws for anyway then if it doesn't move in the first place. Next time I won't replace a boot and leave them off.

so I get the axle boots and axle installed but now the lower shock screw won't set at all. Even without the shock it doesn't screw in. Honestly, this is just crap of Losi and really frustrating it takes so much to repair one stupid part. I mean really for $1,000 bucks this isn't right.

I am not a fan of Losi right now and not sure what I am going to do about not being able to get the screw to set. Now I guess I have to buy a whole new lower control arm (if that's what it's called). Or maybe Losi makes them crappy so you have to buy parts from them.

Anyway, I've vented enough. Thanks guys for all your help! Sean.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks