Two speed Monster.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some interesting-looking geometry going on there!
It's worth bearing in mind.
I'm not having any problems so will stick with for now I reckon.

I'm looking at brake and wheel / tyre options for the New Year, so don't want to potentially compromise this just yet.
Alan.

get a set of fg tuning cable brakes on the back and hey presto good brakes

Alot of us guys that Drag Race over here in New York run FG Marders/Baja and we run anything from 19-20 tooth on the layshaft gear to 45-46 Diff gears. And on the two speed we run anywhere from 46/40 2 speed gears from 44/38 2 speed gears. Thats running the 330ft Drag Strip 4.3et at 76 mph and all we do is drill out the 2 speed hub and add two or three more set screws so the 2 speed claw have extra to grab.

and what off, marder/baja or monster....i had every ratio for my baja as there isn't really a stock set up...off comes with 46/18 and 44/20 i think and onr0ad 42/22 and 40/24 (or might be 44/20 and 42/22....look on hobbytheks site they have the ratios that come stock, i had truck slicks, baja knobbies and monster slicks so having all ratios from 48/16 to 40/24 was handy....never bothered with 38/26 cos needed a new hub and was way too tall anyhow for my use

Right guys,I have just put my single on and the clutch bell is banging its arse off ....not aligning. I have changed the ally spacers and still not symmetrical! Ideas please/
J.

Voo,
If it's anything like mine, I had all sorts of problems aligning the clutch bell mount when I changed to Al.
I've got washers spacing the mount and it's perfect now. No running problems.
Suggest just check alignment.
Good luck.
Alan.

Voo,
If it's anything like mine, I had all sorts of problems aligning the clutch bell mount when I changed to Al.
I've got washers spacing the mount and it's perfect now. No running problems.
Suggest just check alignment.
Good luck.
Alan.
Cheers Al.I'll give it a go today.
J.

Two speed sorted(happy man now!) 46/42 hardened alloy gears. Sorted it with a tip Bad Boy Hobby( cheers Pete) gave me in the "wanted" forum ,ready to go back on the truck now.....YIPP-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
J.
Post some pics later.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks