Ugly mod to fix servo heating issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dashz

Okay the pics firstC3C69CD0-6F15-49A8-B259-5C3DECE0B705.jpeg
F79E880E-A6F3-4345-8DAC-A6A662526129.jpeg
ED1817D0-840B-4531-9156-7F29C68B0F40.jpegSo I noticed when I bought this truck that the throttle servo would get REALLY hot to the point of burning to the touch after 15mins of runtime, I noticed the hot stream of air coming from engine cooling fins was aimed straight into the servo.
4A71F036-2DF0-4E5D-8609-ADBA8985F9AD.jpeg
This happens even when you use a tuned pipe due to the shape of the cylinder and direction of air.

This HAS to happen to every single Losi 5T or Km - Rovan platform out there since the design of the layout is identical and also the parts. But I haven't heard or seen anyone facing this issue, how is that possible? It happens with the 26-29cc and with the 30+cc is worse.
Have you noticed this guys? Does this happen to any of you? Did you ever checked this after running?

Now really, the can is because of the neighbours and most importantly I just like the power curve they have, smoother more lineal response. It is 36cc engine anyways it can drift on asphalt at full throttle.
About the question in the original post, no one really has hot servos?
I saw that some 5th scales even have a shield were I placed mine.
EAA157C0-BDEC-428F-8FBB-307C2AF178AC.jpeg

No issues here with my authentic 5t 2.0
When you give blips to the engine if you place the hand near the fins where the hot air exits, don't you feel that stream of air goes straight into the servo? I haven't had a Zenoah engine but Id say the Rovans are identical...
Im gonna have to buy a Losi to compare the air with the rovan ?

Please tell me thats not cardboard!

Thats not cardboard.

Yes it is, painted with an expensive coating that withstands water and heat.

Okay the pics firstView attachment 68480
View attachment 68481
View attachment 68482So I noticed when I bought this truck that the throttle servo would get REALLY hot to the point of burning to the touch after 15mins of runtime, I noticed the hot stream of air coming from engine cooling fins was aimed straight into the servo.
View attachment 68483
This happens even when you use a tuned pipe due to the shape of the cylinder and direction of air.

This HAS to happen to every single Losi 5T or Km - Rovan platform out there since the design of the layout is identical and also the parts. But I haven't heard or seen anyone facing this issue, how is that possible? It happens with the 26-29cc and with the 30+cc is worse.
Have you noticed this guys? Does this happen to any of you? Did you ever checked this after running?
ahhh.?..nope ?....
and I've ran tuned pipes on all my 1/5's..?...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks