Undampened Fun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harold Bascom

photo_editor_ds_1593201613503.png

After a wild run with my Rovan baja 5b in my backyard track, I saw that a lower, rear suspension arm was wet with oil. I checked the rear shock at that point. Yes; it was leaking shock oil; a sealing ring on the shock shaft had come loose.

I opened the shock cylinder; it was empty and I hadn't any spare shock oil to refill it. So, I boldly emptied the oil from the rest of the shocks and started running the buggy like that: with undampened shocks. Man! It was a bouncing handful and I loved it! To date, I'm still running it that way. It's downright exhilarating!

But, I must ask: Is what I'm doing "bad" in any way?

You should rename that rig Tigger. He's bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun

And the most wonderful thing about Tiggers is?....

He's the only one!

But for serious, I was running my Baja with stiffer rear springs and too much preload, and it was hilarious watching that ass end bounce around! It sure makes for an entertaining run. And really, if you're not racing, don't weird handling issues just make bashing more fun?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks