Upgrade,run,break,replace......killswitch issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rep732

The alchemist ☠️
Community Leader
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
alright so i have a killswitch issue. I ran in my usual spot that I will no longer go to as it beats the hell out of the truck. So point is I get home and do my cleaning to it,then I wanted to run it at home as I had a plugged air filter so I want to make sure it was running better after a cleaning. So now I have no led light on my killswitch and I have no spark. My process of eliminating as follows.

Disconnected killswitch=no start
Disconnected killswitch leads from killswitch on engine= no spark
Rebind controller=nothing
Checked air gap=waste of time
Checked connections= another dead end
Pulled plug and grounded on engine tried to see spark=no spark

Pretty much im assuming the coil somehow poop the bed and killed my killswitch as well.
If killer rc did a little better on encasing the board I'd buy it...
So coil... is a cy coil ok to use and last on the zen? I see the zen coil is 42 bucks. I would buy it but just watching my authentic zen coil burn out doesn't make me feel better about oem.

Im not worried about the replacing of parts. Id like to know what and why this happened. Did my coil somehow short out and backed my killswitch?
I like the dynamite killswitch as its enclosed

Last edited:
alright so i have a killswitch issue. I ran in my usual spot that I will no longer go to as it beats the hell out of the truck. So point is I get home and do my cleaning to it,then I wanted to run it at home as I had a plugged air filter so I want to make sure it was running better after a cleaning. So now I have no led light on my killswitch and I have no spark. My process of eliminating as follows.

Pretty much im assuming the coil somehow poop the bed and killed my killswitch as well.
So coil... is a cy coil ok to use and last on the zen? I see the zen coil is 42 bucks. I would buy it but just watching my authentic zen coil burn out doesn't make me feel better about oem.

Im not worried about the replacing of parts. Id like to know what and why this happened. Did my coil somehow short out and backed my killswitch?
Cy coil will work fine, go to gizmo motors ,they have cy coils for $10 bucks (+7 for shipping). Had one on my last motor and it worked flawlessly

AKk cy and send are compatible, hold plug in hand if not feeling it out new plug in and do it again, that will tell you if new coil needed
All
Cy and zens

so you COMPLETELY bypassed the killswitch ?? if so only thing left is the coil , measure the OHM's of the contacts , no Idea what it should read but it should NOT be OPEN

when you say disconnected the killswitch mate, do you mean you disconnected just the electronic kill ?
if so , then check the push to kill switch if you have one fitted cos they always crap the bed at random,
that always equals no spark,
oh, and did you try a different spark plug? might be just a duff plug,

Ok bottom line. My neighbor didn't answer the phone so checking resistance is out for now...Coil poop the sheets here and the led burnt out as well....put cy coil in :mad: and i have spark and if i hit the killswitch the spark stops. So ill buy a new led to wire in and a genuine zen coil...and @dougstar I do see a difference in spark brightness between the 2....thanks guys

I don't think a coil that fried would take out the led and not harm the killswitch at the same time.The led gets plugged into the killswitch and the pulse that kills the led would have to travel through the killswitch before frying the led.It could happen but I think it would be highly unlikely that it would kill both the coil and led without frying the switch.What kind of killswitch is it?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks