Vekta 5 common problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

one2boost

I'm looking for info on the Vekta.5, what are some common problems with it. Also, has Kraken addressed the problem with a design change in production of current kits.

I've tried searching via google, and found these problems:

Rear shocks pop off top mount - seen a few aftermarket solutions along with home made stuff.

Rear lower end links breaking - many aftermarket companies offer metal parts.

A guy I race with has been braking rims so he got ddm alloy rims and started braking stub axles. He also got IRP upper rear links and the alloy mount. Seems like he has also replaced clutch bell bearings a few times.

IMG_0469.jpg
I'm looking for info on the Vekta.5, what are some common problems with it. Also, has Kraken addressed the problem with a design change in production of current kits.

I've tried searching via google, and found these problems:

Rear shocks pop off top mount - seen a few aftermarket solutions along with home made stuff.

Rear lower end links breaking - many aftermarket companies offer metal parts.

I would avoid purchasing Jofer RC Solid Wheel Nuts they do not tighten down on the wheels.
I recently had have wheels come off just light bashing in grass with no jumps.
William E. Burrows Jr.
AKA: 5th scale whisper

Man where do I start, the Vekta.5 has so much potential but it seems Kraken released it and than said oh well and never fixed any of their issues. First off the since day one they have had shock issues such as with big jumps the shock popping off, second issue with the shock which I experienced yesterday was that the bottom cap of the shocks unscrew themselves which than dumps the fluid all everywhere. I put outerwears on my shocks Day 1 of owning after seeing fluid everywhere I knew what happened. Drug the thing home and remove all the rest 3 of the 4 were completely off but only 1 had the bottom piece fall out and dump fluid.

For the shocks popping loose a few companies make a kit which fixes this issue and low and behold Kraken fixed it with their new truck.

Mine came with several NOT even tighten flush screw and a few that were beyond tight. The Transmission plate have huge issues with bearings not staying in place that you have to use Loctite 638 which yet again this issue has been fixed with the new truck also.

Is the truck super cool looking.....well duh look at it hahaha had I known all the issues still weren't being resolved since day 1 I would have skipped this truck. It brings me more frustration than any other RC i have ever owned.

Man where do I start, the Vekta.5 has so much potential but it seems Kraken released it and than said oh well and never fixed any of their issues. First off the since day one they have had shock issues such as with big jumps the shock popping off, second issue with the shock which I experienced yesterday was that the bottom cap of the shocks unscrew themselves which than dumps the fluid all everywhere. I put outerwears on my shocks Day 1 of owning after seeing fluid everywhere I knew what happened. Drug the thing home and remove all the rest 3 of the 4 were completely off but only 1 had the bottom piece fall out and dump fluid.

For the shocks popping loose a few companies make a kit which fixes this issue and low and behold Kraken fixed it with their new truck.

Mine came with several NOT even tighten flush screw and a few that were beyond tight. The Transmission plate have huge issues with bearings not staying in place that you have to use Loctite 638 which yet again this issue has been fixed with the new truck also.

Is the truck super cool looking.....well duh look at it hahaha had I known all the issues still weren't being resolved since day 1 I would have skipped this truck. It brings me more frustration than any other RC i have ever owned.

Dear @Iceman2733,
This is how I see it. I have gone through two (2) Losi 5ive-T's, I updated all the weak parts with high end parts even those have failed down the road. These vehicles are high performance in turn means high maintenance.
Thats part of the hobby, in the 80's 1/8 scale off road used chain drives you could only get one run without all kinds of failures.
I though after all these years 5th scale would be problem free, not the case.
Love it or leave it.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.

IMG_0298.jpg

@William E Burrows Jr I agree completely. It doesn't however mean that you should put up with shoddy construction. I think the wildfire popularity of the Vekta caught Kraken with their pants down and corners were cut at times to keep up with demand. Some report that their truck is though enough to withstand an impact with a brick wall and others complain that the fiddlesticking thing is made from Japanese folding paper. The QA seems to be all over the place with it unlike say, Losi's 5th scale which may have a lemon here and there but which generally you can take their build quality to the bank. At any rate if you don't like tinkering with stuff 5th scale regardless of powersource is not for you, is for certain :)

Dear Thrasher,
In my younger days I was a machinist.
Just comparing the diameter of the parts to the Losi 5ive-T is no contest.
I have fully upgraded the 5-T and still there is no contest.
The best way to appreciate the Kraken Vekta 5 is to build it from the ground up and upgrade parts as you go.
If you want quality you have to pay for it.
Productions models cars, motorcycles you name it cannot compete to custom.
It's just how it is.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrow Jr.
AKA: Have not crashed in a while.
All Good.

Attachments

• DSCN0915.jpg
    DSCN0915.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 15
View attachment 45466

I would avoid purchasing Jofer RC Solid Wheel Nuts they do not tighten down on the wheels.
I recently had have wheels come off just light bashing in grass with no jumps.
William E. Burrows Jr.
just make sure every thing is tite i ran with a buddy n my trailing arm fell off 15 mins into break in my throttle servo went lost my set screws in rear drive shaft but found them all just go threw n loc tite evry thing b for a good bashing session

the naked gun facepalm GIF

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks