Vekta 5 front dog bone clearance issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rep732

The alchemist ☠️
Community Leader
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
I would think this is across the board with kraken. So my issue is the drive shaft is extremely close to the pull start and it chewed a little into the housing. I have the cy pull start so I had to shave off a ridge off the edge to have a flat surface to put the velcro for the outerwears. So after installation I noticed that the front dogbone is literally resting on the outerwears. So for the guys that have vektas that don't have big bores where do you guys stand with front dog bone clearance?

I never noticed it sean. I saw it was close and when I shaved the housing down I noticed a small half circle in the housing. This really is an unacceptable issue. I base where the engine wants to sit by tightening the 3 bolts on the trans so it sits flush then tighten the 2 screws on the chassis.. if I go toward the chassis brace it will rub and clearly its too close to the engine at this point to move it in that direction

Rep on yours you can see where the shaft has been polished (oo-er) by the outerwear. Does look tight no matter what you do there, suppose a polished shaft is better that a rubbed centre brace.

I just bolted in the starter and fan cover from my old g320 out of the dbxl, it rubs but not by much, I'll just do the mesh mod to the starter and skip the outterwears. 20210416_211725.jpg
There is enough room in the holes to move it around a good bit, but I doubt everything would line up right.
My center shaft doesn't hit the brace anywhere.

Drive Shaft touches mine. If I took the outerwears off there would probably be 3-4mm of clearance.

Attachments

• BCF3883D-2BD9-4FEC-AC63-EC69BEEA6812.jpeg
    BCF3883D-2BD9-4FEC-AC63-EC69BEEA6812.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 6
Nothing ever happened to mine when I was running it with the esp and the stock motor. Well I really didn't run the car hard as I only did one tank on those engines. But i don't think is going to cause a problem .

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks