Vekta questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I had several leads on completes and parts. the biggest hang up was finding a rear axle. I was pretty dead set on not spending half of what a kit costs on just a rear housing. I had a few good tips, either too much money or it sold before I was able to contact the person. So I finally had enough money from selling everything off, amd a bit of tax money to put towards it. So I pulled the trigger, amd ordered a kit yesterday. Should have it next Wednesday. Kinda pissed it needs a signature, my wife will be home and I get off at 2:30 so hopefully I can be the one to grab it and not have to hear her poop, lol.

Sorry I am lagging on the parts I promised man I am heading out to a wedding tomorrow and was planning on getting them out to you and you went and bought one.
Nah it's ok man. The critical parts I needed were the issue. It seems from what looking around I've been doing, you need to hit that rear axle just right to get it at a reasonable cost. And since most are selling just the housing, you still need the internals for it, which can be found used reasonably but again doesn't make sense to pay 1/2 to 3/4 of the kit price just for one part.

How many guys are running, or even know that theres a front sway bark kit for these pigs? Just went digging through my parts as the rc max diff housing has this spiffy sway bar mount and theres no front sway bar. Looked on DDM and sure enough there it is, $39.99.
Next question, anyone know of boots for this thing? I really think I should boot and grease all the joints I can. You know me, i have a love for lubed parts ?

How many guys are running, or even know that theres a front sway bark kit for these pigs? Just went digging through my parts as the rc max diff housing has this spiffy sway bar mount and theres no front sway bar. Looked on DDM and sure enough there it is, $39.99.
Next question, anyone know of boots for this thing? I really think I should boot and grease all the joints I can. You know me, i have a love for lubed parts ?
Hostile bootsfkr baja fit on ddm
? what the ...lol
Hostile bootsfkr baja fit on ddm
? what the ...lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210312-210700_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210312-210700_Chrome.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 3
It's just another one of those things I thought came with the kit. I'll have to add that to the list as well. Do you have your suspension set high or stock yet?
I read about it somewhere, I've been watching these for a long time and kinda new I was gonna get deep,, its just how I am, But I set everything to spec lengths and settings from the book..but then I bought every irp piece and upper and lower arms so it changed the the droop and geometry a little,I feel I have way more travel with all the billet bits.....?oh poop!!!!!! Get the billet spindle and carrier set if you can, their pricey pieces but another must have. They just came back in stock at ddm

I read about it somewhere, I've been watching these for a long time and kinda new I was gonna get deep,, its just how I am, But I set everything to spec lengths and settings from the book..but then I bought every irp piece and upper and lower arms so it changed the the droop and geometry a little,I feel I have way more travel with all the billet bits.....?oh poop!!!!!! Get the billet spindle and carrier set if you can, their pricey pieces but another must have. They just came back in stock at ddm
But why are they must have? I'm not a big alloy from the arms out if I don't have to, and I'm already balls deep in this thing money wise. You gotta realize I sold 90% of my rc collection to get it, and kept everything worth a crap off the dbxl to reuse on this thing. Not trying to play the poor broke kid thing, as things have been much better with my new job but also cant just keep throwing money at it either. If you know what I mean.

How many guys are running, or even know that theres a front sway bark kit for these pigs? Just went digging through my parts as the rc max diff housing has this spiffy sway bar mount and theres no front sway bar. Looked on DDM and sure enough there it is, $39.99
I saw it about a month ago. It’s coming in Tuesday??
34DA184F-4861-403D-ABEF-5CC3295C4CBA.jpeg

Last edited:
I say say they are 40+lb basher on them spindles, the gotta heat up and warp rippin 20 30mph I would think, just from my little junk 1/10 lasted 3 runs..diffs smoked...then spindles, that sit on the shelf, not worth my time(tenacity tt)

Think I'll leave them for now and see how they hold up. Would like to find a cheap ish gps unit, as I have a huge parking lot I can run in now. See how fast these heavy turds go.

Totally get that about dumping cash into this too. Its easy to piss away mad money at these, dude this is my first 1/5 too. I shut my self down before over cost of this and my money situation at the time as well when Steve told me a guy had 3900 in his rig and barely broke the ice with it 2017-18. You don't wanna know what K have in this TT, but I love it and I'd probably do it again if I don't have to chase these fekin parts...I'll be @about 15k in 2 rigs brother!...that's feking bananners ???
Yup thanks @PortCityRC for the heads up on the aluminum spindle and carrier??
Hell yeah brother ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks