Vesla big block roller and a Taylor 50gt.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys! After a long slow spring melt with lots of new snow as it just melted and now rain many times a week it's been agonizing waiting to drag out the big guys and see them rip up turf. I mean it hasn't kept me completely indoors but the field I want to bash my 5th scales in still has standing water! Today I managed to get one of my old relic lawn tractors going and took off to the hay field and had to drive around the wet spots. It was to hard to resist and I brought out the vesla! I've only ran a couple full tanks but had been noticing it was a little lean on the low and rich on the high, decided to pull the cage off to clean up some grass and leaves and get good access to the carb, but man am I glad I did! The gear housing was hanging on buy threads and the two front bolts to the engine where totally gone, inside the gear cover was no better as the lower long bolt had been getting its head ground down by the spur gear! I had put loc tite and it reminds me of the exact same thing happening not long ago to another member here, even with the advice I still managed to need to learn the hard way to check all bolts every run! Even loosing my header bolts first run didn't clue me in! Lol
Not to worry, found some new bolts took everything apart and cleaned it up, then I tilted the car on its side and filed the bolt hole with loc tite, then ran each bolt carefully in and back out to ensure enough was in all the threads. Either it holds or it never comes out will be the next thing to see. That pretty clear plasticvgear cover doesn't seem like it's gonna last to long, bearly got the bolts snug and I watched it crack more and more as I tighten. Decided to let the loctite dry , so I took out the vekta and had some fun spinning around with that

20240429_163313.jpg

20240429_163328.jpg

20240429_163506.jpg

Hi guys! After a long slow spring melt with lots of new snow as it just melted and now rain many times a week it's been agonizing waiting to drag out the big guys and see them rip up turf. I mean it hasn't kept me completely indoors but the field I want to bash my 5th scales in still has standing water! Today I managed to get one of my old relic lawn tractors going and took off to the hay field and had to drive around the wet spots. It was to hard to resist and I brought out the vesla! I've only ran a couple full tanks but had been noticing it was a little lean on the low and rich on the high, decided to pull the cage off to clean up some grass and leaves and get good access to the carb, but man am I glad I did! The gear housing was hanging on buy threads and the two front bolts to the engine where totally gone, inside the gear cover was no better as the lower long bolt had been getting its head ground down by the spur gear! I had put loc tite and it reminds me of the exact same thing happening not long ago to another member here, even with the advice I still managed to need to learn the hard way to check all bolts every run! Even loosing my header bolts first run didn't clue me in! Lol
Not to worry, found some new bolts took everything apart and cleaned it up, then I tilted the car on its side and filed the bolt hole with loc tite, then ran each bolt carefully in and back out to ensure enough was in all the threads. Either it holds or it never comes out will be the next thing to see. That pretty clear plasticvgear cover doesn't seem like it's gonna last to long, bearly got the bolts snug and I watched it crack more and more as I tighten. Decided to let the loctite dry , so I took out the vekta and had some fun spinning around with that

View attachment 93104

View attachment 93105

View attachment 93106
Those bolts need nord lock washers.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks