Walboro 1107 fuel fitting!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep I think it was suggested yesterday too Z...he was looking for a fast solution to go rip with his buds, best deal though is to just get new piece like you suggested ?
Mike's possibly selling his DarkSoul disconnects to him?

Why not just break rest of plastic off and just stick the fuel line with a zip tie over it? The brass piece remaining. If all you want is just a return? I would just plug off the line to the tank and leave the carb side alone. YES it will dribble a little when you prime it but nothing to worry about. We ran our carbs in the boats with no return back to the tank on some. Would just squirt a little out when you primed it and was fine after that. This is quick and dirty but would work for you to get by.

The top fuel inlet is replaceable. Any small engine show will have them. They always have a junk box of walbro carb parts. 167- 363 carbs. They just pull out and pop back in. https://www.davesmotors.com/128-166-wt-carburetor-fuel-intake-fitting?sc=12
That's the inlet side, not the return fitting. Walbro doesn't even break the return fitting down into an available sub part. It's sold as an assembly. And for all of $2.00. Why waste the energy to rig it, when the proper part is cheap enough to have a spare on hand?

They don't just pull out theres a ball pressed in to keep the fitting from pulling out
You pull hard and twist it it will come out. I have done it,
That's the inlet side, not the return fitting. Walbro doesn't even break the return fitting down into an available sub part. It's sold as an assembly. And for all of $2.00. Why waste the energy to rig it, when the proper part is cheap enough to have a spare on hand?
You want a return then drill out the plastic one tap and put a metal one in. DIY! The return rarely brakes.

You pull hard and twist it it will come out. I have done it,

You want a return then drill out the plastic one tap and put a metal one in. DIY! The return rarely brakes.
Yes the inlet can be replaced..
The return breaks all the time. It's the most talked about fitting on this forum. And again we're talking about a very cheap part. So why reinvent the wheel?You'll be making the plastic when thinner and weaker by tapping it to accept a steel, or brass fitting. Honestly, good intentions can still be bad advice, which is what this is.

Yes the inlet can be replaced..
The return breaks all the time. It's the most talked about fitting on this forum. And again we're talking about a very cheap part. So why reinvent the wheel?You'll be making the plastic when thinner and weaker by tapping it to accept a steel, or brass fitting. Honestly, good intentions can still be bad advice, which is what this is.
I was saying drill out the plastic completely.

Just for clarification here is what your talking about drilling out?
Screenshot_20210422-212951_Samsung Internet.jpg

It's very thin, and would be quite difficult to drill the plastic out, and expect to be able to thread it, to recieve a fitting. A new one can be had for $6.00.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks