Want a Losi 5iveT 2.0 V2 but tired of waiting - other recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now tower hobbies says the orange is in stock and that’s the color I have ordered. Hopefully Monday it ships.

question, will a spectrum DX3 work or so I need a 5 channel like the DX5? I have a DX3 so would be nice if it would work.

No offense but don't be dumb and don't be cheap... I have the dx5c and you NEED a killswitch on it... you need something atleast with 2 AUX ports on the reciever and 1 aux that has a switch on the control so you can hit the killswitch if you need to

Last edited:
Get a futaba in that case...

I got confirmation that the 5ive T is in stock and my order is being processed. I ended up ordering a DX5 rugged. I also ordered a Super bee kill switch. Can't wait... I assume the engine will need to be broken in?

Just let the engine warm up first before you rip on it. Once I found it was unnecessary the 2 recent engines I built weren't broken in and they are perfectly fine... just buy a good quality 2 stroke oil like castor 927

I received my Losi 5ive T.

Rep732, I may be running into the problem you are talking about. I setup my 5ive and I can't get the receiver that came with the car to turn on. I swapped it out for a SR315 out of another car and was able to get the truk up and running. Set my failsafes and took it out for initial breakin. Still waiting on the Super bee kill switch that I ordered to arrive.

Is the yellow kill switch that is on the engine the reason why the receiver it came with is not working?

@k_h_d is the 5t just a 2.0 or is it the v2? Depending on the scenario you need a DSMR compatible transmitter for the reciever to turn on. If you have the v2 you need to call horizon and you can use me for an example that you can not have an avc reciever while using a killswitch they are not compatible and horizon knows they are not....request a sr515 reciever from spektrum and they should give you one like they did for me. My issue was I have a 2.0 I had range issues they sent me an avc reciever knowing I have a killswitch and they ultimately gave me the sr515 and its all good just no telemetry

@k_h_d is the 5t just a 2.0 or is it the v2? Depending on the scenario you need a DSMR compatible transmitter for the reciever to turn on. If you have the v2 you need to call horizon and you can use me for an example that you can not have an avc reciever while using a killswitch they are not compatible and horizon knows they are not....request a sr515 reciever from spektrum and they should give you one like they did for me. My issue was I have a 2.0 I had range issues they sent me an avc reciever knowing I have a killswitch and they ultimately gave me the sr515 and its all good just no telemetry

Its the 2.0 V2. Just ordered brand new from Tower hobbies. The transmitter I am using is the DX5C rugged. It is the DSMR version.

Is there a special bootup or setup procedure to get the receiver to work? The one that came with it is the SR6200A (AVC version).

The DX5 rugged with DSMR works fine with the SR315. But I don't get any indication of the SR6200A powering on or anything. No LED lights. Not even if I hold down the bind button while I power it on.

did u plug in the battery backwards?

Thought that but nope.

The receiver should blink or light up an LED right? I have tried plugging my battery directly into the rx also not through the on/off switch on the model. Howerver the switch works as my other RX works fine.
Oh also.... could it be that I need a bind plug? The RX has a bind button, but maybe it needs a bind plug?

@k_h_d that reciever is useless to you. Please call horizon hobby as they own tower hobbies . Tell them the reciever is avc and is incompatible with a killswitch they will ultimately send you a non avc reciever

You must hold the bind button on the reciever while turning the rig on. And then bind it through the transmitter... your led will flash rapidly when doing this signaling its in bind mode. Until its bound you will not have any led

@k_h_d that reciever is useless to you. Please call horizon hobby as they own tower hobbies . Tell them the reciever is avc and is incompatible with a killswitch they will ultimately send you a non avc reciever

You must hold the bind button on the reciever while turning the rig on. And then bind it through the transmitter... your led will flash rapidly when doing this signaling its in bind mode. Until its bound you will not have any led
I emailed horizon. I will also call tomorrow. If I hold the bind button on the receiver and then turn power on, you are saying I should get no flashing LED until I bind it with my TX?

My other RX shows the LED flashing immediately and then I can bind it. I will try again, but I would expect it to have some lights on when turn on, even before binding... like my other spektrum Rx...
Just tried it again with the battery directly. It just is not turning on at all. Acts like no power. Battery works fine in other rx. Either there is some strange procedure to setup the RX or its dead. At any rate I can use the 3 channel for the time being until Horizon sorts it out and hopefully sends me a correct RX.

Its a brand new reciever on the market but if its any like I have it won't show an led until its bound. So the procedure is hold the bind button first and while holding the button turn the rigs power switch on and then your led should start flashing. Then go into transmitter settings and hit bind then go full left return to center then full right then back to center then full throttle then full brake as you do this the led will flash as you do each motion to register end points.

Also snap some pics of this thing im curious to see a v2

Its a brand new reciever on the market but if its any like I have it won't show an led until its bound. So the procedure is hold the bind button first and while holding the button turn the rigs power switch on and then your led should start flashing. Then go into transmitter settings and hit bind then go full left return to center then full right then back to center then full throttle then full brake as you do this the led will flash as you do each motion to register end points.

Also snap some pics of this thing im curious to see a v2
I appreciate the help. And I get what you are saying. It should not flash unless in bind mode by pressing the bind button. That is exactly how my other RX works. This one just does nothing.

If trying as you suggest and as I am suppose to do the bind just times out on the trasmitter and fails. I would assume its because the RX is just dead.

Did you try like I said? You have to do 2 things at once. Hold bind button on reciever and turn the truck on while holding the bind button and you should see the led start to flash

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks