Want a Losi 5iveT 2.0 V2 but tired of waiting - other recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k_h_d

I have had a Losi 5iveT 2.0 V2 on order for a couple months now and the in stock date keeps getting pushed back. Now its middle of July and summer is ticking away.

I am looking for recommendations on a different 1/5 scale gas. Any suggestions? I read lots of conflicting opinions on quality of Rovan and other brands.

I'll have a look. You are talking about the HPI Bajas correct? Reading through some posts I came across the Kraken 1/5 scale trucks and buggy. Those look really nice. I like the big name brand route for parts but those look pretty sweet at first glance.

Curious why Kraken is not a good first time setup? If its not no problem just curious. Been in to RC hobby for decades from cars, trucks, planes and helis. First venture into 1/5 though.

Curious why Kraken is not a good first time setup? If its not no problem just curious. Been in to RC hobby for decades from cars, trucks, planes and helis. First venture into 1/5 though.
Someone that has one would be able to answer that more in depth (y), but not a good first 5th, if you have real rc experience you can do the 5ive b kit or for an rtr you can do the 5t

The vekta 5 needs upgrades before it even hits the dirt. The stock brake sucks upgrade to rcr.
Stock servo mounts suck upgrade to fullforce rc billet ones. You need a cy style clutch holder as the zenoah style pushes the clutch too far toward the bell and the clutch catches the welds.
Upgrading the whole transmission is optional but I plan to upgrade when I can afford to spend the almost 500 for the vertigo trans. The stock battery box sucks and is too small. No offense to ddm but their dom pipe does the engine no justice so go with a victory rc pipe or equivalent. The gas tank brackets should be upgraded to aluminum as the plastic ones suck and can easily strip especially with the billet throttle servo mounts.

Shock oil needs to be bumped up to atleast 50wt

Take a look at my build log for my vekta we all pretty much agree that my build is the bare minimum to get a vekta running proper.

Here's my build.
https://www.largescaleforums.com/threads/rep-kraken-5-build.26730/

Someone that has one would be able to answer that more in depth (y), but not a good first 5th, if you have real rc experience you can do the 5ive b kit or for an rtr you can do the 5t

A kit would be fun. Over Xmass I bought my son and I each a Kyosho Ultima re-release kit. He seemed to enjoy building it but obviously not as much as me. I stayed up several late nights and nocked out the build in a few days. Took him a couple weeks. And he pretty much never wants to go run the cars with me. Don’t understand kids these days.

however I do get that a 1/10 racing buggy is not a great fun basher as it can’t really do much in the yard.
I’ll be curious if he will come out and run the 5ive T with me. If he does then I will probably by a second.
The gas 1/5 scale seems so much more interesting then high powered electric. Have all the charge equipment and even some batteries but just not enough drama with the large scale electric.
also, what is with no stock anywhere and for so long? Are we still dealing with pandemic availability issues?
Im in the same boat as you, i'm just going to hold out and wait for the Losi 5ive to become readily available.

You guys have looking at the 5ive B. Curious which is best for bashing? The kit would be fun. It would not be beyond the possibilities to find a 1/5 scale track at some point to go and try some racing.

Last edited:
If you have the $$$
Rcmax sells chassis just build one
👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻 build a 5t from scratch and it will be just like building a kit👍🏻 could also do the same thing with a baja or a hybrid👍. Could also buy an mcd W5 (new) or look online for a used (normally have upgrades already) baja or losi

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210625-234920_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210625-234920_Chrome.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks