what 2 stroke oils do u guys run?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here you go @Z.hb71 this is my motor and plug running the Havoline. I've run the snot out of this sucker. The piston looks typical for a motor of this age. No caking or major build up, and a nice oil sheen even after I ran the tank dry. That plug has at least 2 gallons through it and is 10 years old and looks pretty clean. The oil marks around the plug hole are due to forgetting to snug down the spark plug on a recent run. Damn thing actually ran! I caught it before it could do any serious damage, but it still looks a mess.

I'm not gonna say the havoline is the bee's knees or anything, but it sure works for me. I might switch to castor 927 at some point maybe. ?‍♂️

BTW, these pics were NOT easy to get, I had to do some gymnastics to get the exhaust port shots! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:?

53313533145331553316?‍♂️

im curious because im switching back to gasoline as ive said. klotz isn't available nearby, sooooo I want to see what others run just to see if your oil is local. my options are motul 510, max 927, castrol rstts, maxima premium, motorex forumla

I use one Shell developed for 2 stroke racing bikes. It makes the gasoline look like thin blood. I cnt remember its name but this information and google will help you find it, if you want to try it out. its not very expensive.

don't beat yourself up over the forever opinionated debate of "whats the best oil". Ask 5 different people you will get 6 different opinions. Me personally i prefer Klotz R50. Ive used 927 years ago and also a great oil. Run whatever full syn oil is readily available locally to you, keep a slightly rich tune, and equally important , keep your dam air filter clean !

don't beat yourself up over the forever opinionated debate of "whats the best oil". Ask 5 different people you will get 6 different opinions. Me personally i prefer Klotz R50. Ive used 927 years ago and also a great oil. Run whatever full syn oil is readily available locally to you, keep a slightly rich tune, and equally important , keep your dam air filter clean !
what's the advantage to full synth to castor/synth mix or just full castor? i hear castor has the best protection but doesn't stay mixed in the cold very well and has a lot of carbon build-up, synthetic stays mixed, doesn't have a lot of carbon build-up but doesn't have the same protection castor does, and then the mix??
edit: saw this vid, im gunna run full synthetic like Polar says ?

Last edited:
Castor is arguably the best protection for a 2s but castor is formulated for a specific service which is non-power valved engines in a warm stable climate. The Yamaha 100cc Kart guys down south thats the ideal engine for castor oils. Castor gets very thick in colder ambient temps, and castor tends to leave behind a lot of residual gunk inside your engine. Castor runs excellent in sustained high rpm's. Ive pulled apart many engines running R50 and i'm very pleased with how clean the internal engine components look. Any full syn premix oil will offer the best , cleanest burn performance.Your NOT going to sieze your engine because you were running "brand X" oil instead of "brand Z". You WILL sieze an engine from too lean a tune, dirty air filter, or an air leak.

Castor is arguably the best protection for a 2s but castor is formulated for a specific service which is non-power valved engines in a warm stable climate. The Yamaha 100cc Kart guys down south thats the ideal engine for castor oils. Castor gets very thick in colder ambient temps, and castor tends to leave behind a lot of residual gunk inside your engine. Castor runs excellent in sustained high rpm's. Ive pulled apart many engines running R50 and i'm very pleased with how clean the internal engine components look. Any full syn premix oil will offer the best , cleanest burn performance.
and our rc engines arent really sustained high rpms id think. r50 i cant get but i can get mx formula K2 or max 927. i think i will with max 927 actually, since it has some castor in it but is mostly synthetic. i can also get silkolene pro2 which looks pretty good. what ever is available ?

Caster 927 during the break in period, than switch to Motul 100 % synthetic.
Running 3 years piston spotless.
Clean plugs after every tank.
Change plug after 4 bashes.
Works for me.
I run a Vekta 5 and a Losi-5 T Street machine.
IMG_0477.jpgIMG_0560.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks