What direction does our 2stroke engine run in?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Modify the ignition coil to be positioned at 15 after top dead center and spin start the opposite direction. Engine will run. Piston port engines can run in either direction provided you have the correct ignition advance. I'm pretty sure that case reed engines can only run in the standard direction.

Look up a mercury suicide six engine. They used them in boats for a very short time. To go into reverse the engine fired up backwards..... they were also referred to as dock crashers and widow makers. It's two stroke so it doesn't care what way it spins. You can also look at older golf carts most of them reversed the same way.

Look up a mercury suicide six engine. They used them in boats for a very short time. To go into reverse the engine fired up backwards..... they were also referred to as dock crashers and widow makers. It's two stroke so it doesn't care what way it spins. You can also look at older golf carts most of them reversed the same way.
Ok fair enough?? but it would make a difference coz the fan blades wouldn't push air as well going the other way?
So I'd say if it was not for the fan on our little rc motors it would not care??

Polaris snowmobile engines are also designed to run in both directions. To engage reverse, you push a button, and the CDI will stall the running engine and immediately re-start the engine in reverse rotation. Pretty cool technology.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks