What Do You Do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can add another computer geek to the list. I install and do the training of software for Credit Unions. Originally got my MCSD (MS Certified Developer) but couldn't find anything in that field and fell into this instead.

I pay for my RC stuff with my cigarette money...quite almost a year ago and had a 3.5+ pack/day habit. So RC is my reward for conquering my addiction.

Dave

I do Long Haul Communications... also known as Satellite Communications... We provide places that do not have access to normal land lines connections over satellite, also provide internet over sat... As for right now I am down in Guantanamo Bay Cuba, on the navy base...

*** EDIT *** Sorry missed the scope of the topic, I save money from buying gas... Home to work in the states 15 miles each way... Home to work here 2 miles round trip...

Skater

Last edited:
I own a company that make cutting tools, good for the hobby because I can use the machines to build my own parts :laugh:

Was a floor layer,carpet tile hardwood whatever. Had a car wreck and been retired ever since,broke almost everything on the left side of my body,leg foot HIP ribs,bruised lung...fun stuff Now i am at home with my kids(6) wife is a computer geek:) I build custom sportbikes in my spare time:)

I'm a Foreman for 1 of the largest Union electrical contractors in the US. I've been doing it since I graduated high school. Going on 16 years strong. Wouldn't want to do anything else.

Automatic Machinist ..
Set-up and run production on Davenport Screw Machines ..
Same poop Everyday , need a change !!

I used to run those too, we made pipe nipples for Aeroquip. Boring job!

Now I am a CNC Machinist/Tool & Die maker, I make stamping dies for Ford, Chrysler, Honda and The U.S. Government. I made the Re-Strike die for the left front fender for the new Dodge Challenger. Coolest thing I have ever done!

Stressful job, but rewarding at the same time.

Trip..

Last edited:
i am a building contractor.

i lay blocks,roof,and plaster.everything in the building from the foundations up,at it all my life...
family buisness.me the father and two bros are involved.

based in and around my home town of county limerick republic of ireland.

im currently working on the design of a robot 1/5th scale actually, who will lay blocks so that i can just call from job to job to check on them to see if every thing is ok,u know just get them the materials and ...... lunches for them and stuff..

everything helps like...

Last edited:
UP DATE: i am no longer a roofing contractor. im getting old i guess. so i went back to doing what i do best. at heart i am a salesmen. for money, im a painter. i can sell anything as long as i don't have to spell it..LOL. this is the second go-round at this business. but this time im DOING it sober.. im going on 5 months now. its the dead of the winter and i have 3 months of jobs on the books. commercial, residential.. im a networking BASTERD!! i gave my wife a check to deposit last month. she took one look at the numbers and broke down in tears. 1 job. 2 weeks. and enough cash to pay my mortgage for 7 months.. and thats not the last of them.. not bad for an un-educated redneck. i thank god that i am able to except the things i cant change and that i have the wisdom to know the diffrence..
REAL MEN DRIVE PINK TRUCKS!!
truck008.jpg

DOIN SERIOUS WORK!
progressivejob002.jpg

MY WEBSITE.
http://www.progressive-pa.com/

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks