What grade of fuel do you use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin.
Community Leader
What type of fuel grade are you guys running in your large scale r/c's? Unleaded, Super Unleaded, Preimum?

-Michael

i run preimum because i have a esp 30.5 and a esp ported zen 26. for motors in my bajas. the 30.5 has 14.1 compression. so i have to run preimum gas in it.

What type of fuel grade are you guys running in your large scale r/c's? Unleaded, Super Unleaded, Preimum?
-Michael

Remember in the US the Octane rating will be less then those abroad! Our 87 is there 92 exc.

I use 90-92 here in my town because there is no Ethanol in it for farm use. the extra octane probably does nothing for my stock 260 because it all depends on the compression which is what octane is all about. If you use a premium 90-92 you may be throwing your money out the window but hey its mine and I would rather be high then low.:)

Ive been running 110 .Not because of performance for the Baja I really didnt notice any more but because alot of the other toys I have do require race gas so I always have it around and it smells great mixed with Bel-Ray lol.
Pump gas is all you need unless your going above 14:1.Around here premium is 92-94 octane and should work just fine in these little motors.

I use the lower octane in the stuff I don't really care about you know lawn mower,leaf blower,weedwacker,The stuff that keeps me from my toys lol.

Lower octane is recommended for stock motors. But, the ported motor need more. I've been running the lowest on all of mine for 2 years now with no problems.

I've never heard nor would have thought of using camping fuel - are you guys serious?

-Michael

and a migraine. been being used for years by the gasser heli guys. if they put their 4G plug helis up on it, im ok with it. havnt used it yet, but got a gallon for when it warms up. i read somewhere it tends to run a tad cooler thus you can make a bit richer mix and maintain power. not sure on that like i said, i Heard.

If I'm lieing I'm dieing! Used it last year in my gas boats and am now for the cars I own. Very clean burning and NO SMELL. I believe my boats ran better on it rather than the 87 octane engine manufacturers recommend. These little engines do not benefit from all that octane some are running through them except they get a heck of al lot hotter which in my view is not good. If you have a hand held temp gage that uses the laser beam, I believe you will notice a difference especially in the summer or after long periods of running vs the high octane stuff.

Curt

Once im done with this next gallon i'm tring coleman. I do keep my car indoors and eliminating the gas smell would be a big plus..and it keeps the wife happy. I did read that the oil separates over time but I believe its months and to transfer the fuel to a plasitc container...don't remember why something about the oil and gas reacting to the can or something like that. Timmahh wasnt it u that said that over at rcu?

I was reluctant to try it, but now I wont go back. I had heard it makes it harder to start in the cold, but I ran it at 30 degrees (as cold as it gets around here) with no problems. I swear it runs better.

Well I thought you guys was full of it at first but I've gone ahead and tried it and the FG MT fired right up with no problems. Now it's just a matter of getting the tires glued so I can really try this thing out.

BTW, I'm using valvoline oil in my camp fuel.

-Michael

I was reluctant to try it, but now I wont go back. I had heard it makes it harder to start in the cold, but I ran it at 30 degrees (as cold as it gets around here) with no problems. I swear it runs better.

Sig, when u say better what do u mean...faster or just smoother?

No Miami, but there, as well as a few other places i have read/heard that tale. like i said, i cant say if its Proven or not. but if someone thinks it maybe the problem, its atleast good to keep one eye on it just in case.

I think JF was the one talking abou it, or it was discussed i one of his old post form a yr back.

I may have to give it a try. For the first time ever, my wife made a comment about my RCs. She doesn't like the gas smell in the garage. We don't have any other gas powered goodies so I couldn't blame it on something else. She is so great about not bothering me about my hobbies that when she does mention something Is in my best interest hear her.

Ill assume I would use the same oil mixture?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks