What nitros are you guys still running

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rep732

The alchemist ☠️
Community Leader
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
Post up your current nitro rigs that you still like to run. Nitro for me was where it all started and ill always have some to still mess with.

This is my rc10gt2, 1 out of 3 I own and the only one I'll run. The blue body one I bought brand new in 09 and the black monster body has a cv-x .15 hyper " gold head/ blue case" and a carbon fiber chassis plate. 20230831_204854.jpg20200927_134723.jpg

You bet! I love nitro and got a hole bunch of them, here's the kyosho mad crusher and an old blizzard with a .11 , got a couple boats with .18's , got a savage x ss with a .32 lrp, another with a .28, losi lmt 2 with .30 lrp, d8t .30 lrp pro, ofna on road .30 lrp, losi ten t and 10sct with the Ross button start hpi vorza nitro .21 , and I'm just waiting to get my hands on a savage xl 5.9.... yah I love nitro! The noise, smoke, challenge and reward of tuning it and getting it to run, speaking of the smell, I had a couple of unexpected guests check out the cat food dishes. Lol

20230818_163438.jpg

20230818_163406.jpg

20220820_194119.jpg

20221013_185503.jpg

Awesome collection!... them skunks run off nitro too? :LOL:
Was just scrolling threw the pics in my phone cause I knew I had some nitro model pics, when I saw the skunks it made me laugh cause I was thinking of what to say in my post, of course the wonderful smell of a running nitro was in my head, luckily the skunks don't like their own smell and generally won't spray where they eat. They weren't even spooked by me opening the sliding door, so I snapped a pic.

You bet! I love nitro and got a hole bunch of them, here's the kyosho mad crusher and an old blizzard with a .11 , got a couple boats with .18's , got a savage x ss with a .32 lrp, another with a .28, losi lmt 2 with .30 lrp, d8t .30 lrp pro, ofna on road .30 lrp, losi ten t and 10sct with the Ross button start hpi vorza nitro .21 , and I'm just waiting to get my hands on a savage xl 5.9.... yah I love nitro! The noise, smoke, challenge and reward of tuning it and getting it to run, speaking of the smell, I had a couple of unexpected guests check out the cat food dishes. Lol

View attachment 89437

View attachment 89438

View attachment 89439

View attachment 89440
The k5.9 is a garbage engine, have an savage xl I converted to brushless because of how bad that engine (engines) were. Nearly impossible to keep in tune. Tons of power when/if it ran right.
Still have the savage .and probably enough parts to build 2 more in the std platform. Often though of building one again as a nitro with a more reliable engine. Just never had the time, and parts were a pain to find.

20210222_201345.jpg

20210222_201402.jpg

The k5.9 is a garbage engine, have an savage xl I converted to brushless because of how bad that engine (engines) were. Nearly impossible to keep in tune. Tons of power when/if it ran right.
Still have the savage .and probably enough parts to build 2 more in the std platform. Often though of building one again as a nitro with a more reliable engine. Just never had the time, and parts were a pain to find.

View attachment 89445

View attachment 89446
Sorry to hear about your bad experience with the k5.9, I had one and loved it in a losi xxl, sold it to a buddy and he still has it but refuses to run at the same time as I run my savage out of fear from a collision that left the xxl front wheel less and the savage unharmed. The new 5.9 is a new model but I allready have plans to use an lrp .32 cause I just haven't found a match for their power
TA RC8B3.2
Best nitro buggy I have owned. Very reliable platform.

View attachment 89447
Love those picco engines, real screamers!

It was sold while ago. Didn't drive it much but now I am itching to get another one not a Shelby but most likely the new dark horse. Shelby was an awesome ride but it was lacking some torque down low. The new gen mustangs have nicer interiors and more options. The dark horse is definitely on my radar but man sucks paying $75k but I guess is the world we live in now.

i still have a few that i run once in a awhile. Losi 8 buggy, truggy, traxxas revo, tmaxx and Tamiya TG10. I have an itch for an 8th scale touring 2 speed, preferably Kyosho GT2, serpent or x-ray. I have a brand new, open box DBXL gas i'm willing to trade for plus cash either way, depending on condition. the dbxl is brand new in box with 3/4 channel controller for the kill switch which is included but i haven't installed.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with the k5.9, I had one and loved it in a losi xxl, sold it to a buddy and he still has it but refuses to run at the same time as I run my savage out of fear from a collision that left the xxl front wheel less and the savage unharmed. The new 5.9 is a new model but I allready have plans to use an lrp .32 cause I just haven't found a match for their power

Love those picco engines, real screamers!
I had 2 replaced under warranty, the early ones had air leak issues, literally everywhere. The last one was a "new" version however many years ago I had my lhs order for me. Had airleak issues around the roto start plate, swapped it for a pull start and it worked pretty well for about a gallon of nitro, then back to chasing the tune with every small change in temp/weather. Went with a 6s conversion in it. Not the same, but you can run it far longer then having to mess with it all the time.

it all started with nitros for me also… started with my mgt 3.0 then a savage xl (agree with sean with the 5.9 being trash so it’s swapped with a .28 which i will prob be swapped again) also have a twin engine pirate monster, my brother has a tmaxx, revo, and 8ight t. i have a couple rollers. idk i might be forgetting something.
The trx 3.3 has air leak issues and they run hot too. I'll stick to the o.s engines, always great runners.
i also hate the traxxas engines

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks