What's the best Brand control out there for a 1/5 scale short course truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never like how spektrum was set up for land based rc. Had futaba am radios and they always worked. When 2.4 came about I bought a 3pm fasst radio, and was amazed by it. Speky was late to the game with their tech back then and their radios sucked in quality by comparison. That radio still works to this day, and will be getting hooked back up to my savage. When I got my rock crawler I cheaped out and went for a fly sky radio, knowing I could hack it and get 8 channels out of it, and I could program the correct mix for rear steer and dig functions. What I didnt know (at the time) was they have range issues and its 100% hit or miss. I missed that boat. Cant get more then 100ft away from it. Same went for the flysky radio that came with one of my helis. Never ever had that issue with a futaba. Their biggest downfall is the chit menus for programming, but even that isnt terrible once you know how to use it. I do kinda kick my self for not just getting a higher channel radio instead of a 3 channel, but truth be told it does everything I need it to do.

I have a Hitec lynx 4s for 6 yrs now. No complaint but the proton 4s receiver is discontinued. Hitec is done with radio's after the lynx4s. They got tired of finding a good supplier for parts. I like the proton 4 receiver with GPS. Spectrum is junk They keep discontinuing radios. The 6r is gone. I liked that radio but the telemetry sucked and the high price.

I have a Hitec lynx 4s for 6 yrs now. No complaint but the proton 4s receiver is discontinued. Hitec is done with radio's after the lynx4s. They got tired of finding a good supplier for parts. I like the proton 4 receiver with GPS. Spectrum is junk They keep discontinuing radios. The 6r is gone. I liked that radio but the telemetry sucked and the high price.
Thanks for the feedback buddy

Now I need a 6 channel pistol . I set up my lynx 4s so I can control 5 function on a 4 channel radio. I now use a Hitec optic 6 box for my monster truck. I have a Eclipse 7 too. I just have to figure out how to set the throttle stick to center return. I have to get some pieces to convert it. All radios can convert to 2.4

So why are you reccomending a company that will no longer be supporting the products they sold?
The proton 4 is one of many receivers they sell to pair with the lynx. Yes it was discontinued but it was replaced with the proton 4e. The transmitter is still for sale and I recommend pairing it with the axion 4 anyway

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks