What's the best buggy to start racing 1/5 ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The mcd cars look the business! Iv really been looking around and spaees are not that easy to get. I know king cobra uk have spare but crazy shipping prices, for me at least. Largesclaer have some but lots of spares are out of stock. No tuned pipes for v5, emailing the sales about new stock have given me no replys. Rcfox.de have spare but you pay big bucks plus crazy shiping.
Just don't think it a viable rc rig. I woud seriously get if say things where available like say losi hpi ect. Its such a pitty:cautious:

Yeah am going to research this abit more. Ill send u msg if i find good store with good shiping fees ;) Ebay might be best option i guess.

MCD looks so professional! The W5 Max and RR5 with a range of 1000 to 3000 euro ;)(depends on parts) Am not sure i would ever dare jump it :D But damn i want one!

Yeah am going to research this abit more. Ill send u msg if i find good store with good shiping fees ;) Ebay might be best option i guess.

MCD looks so professional! The W5 Max and RR5 with a range of 1000 to 3000 euro ;)(depends on parts) Am not sure i would ever dare jump it :D But damn i want one!
You for me personally i live in south africa and bring in 1/5 spare cars ect is quite expensive. rcfox.de has the best selection of mcd spares. But when you compare appels with appels losi spare are about 1/3 less expensiv.
Ie. Tunde pipe for a losi 5t $230 mcd tuned pie €230 Not the same.
What you buy in the us for $100 costs €100 in europe. and when spare are a problem to get it dose not make sense

You for me personally i live in south africa and bring in 1/5 spare cars ect is quite expensive. rcfox.de has the best selection of mcd spares. But when you compare appels with appels losi spare are about 1/3 less expensiv.
Ie. Tunde pipe for a losi 5t $230 mcd tuned pie €230 Not the same.
What you buy in the us for $100 costs €100 in europe. and when spare are a problem to get it dose not make sense
Agree 100%. My tought was theres alot of hidden export/store from search engine's, that have maby cheap ish export to your South Africa.

And appels to apple i was hoping maby, maby this car was so over engineer'd that it rarly need to change anyparts if being taken care of and maintaned. I realize i might be abit optimisitc here:happy: But worth trying to find out.

So who has a MCD?:) What is your experince with it?

It depends. Losi 5ive-B is really really good for the money. Put an engine in and off you are. But I can tell you that in Europe it is not the one that wins the most races even though it is very popular.

Right now MCD dominates. I mean they absolutely wreak Europe. I love their platform in that with very little ado you can shift from off-road to on-road and Stadium on the same platform. And while you would think it would make it a jack of all trade that does not appear to be the case at all.

If you want to go nuts and cost is not an issueand neither is paying stupid money to get parts (because of your location). Elcon. Take a look at their stuff it is just badass. Also constantly found at the top.

FG doesn't get much love but absolutely deserve it. They do have a high end racer oriented line that is to be taken seriously and with a few bits and bobs even their basher grade stuff is competative at reasonably high levels.

I think the short of it is that the market is fantastic atm. So many great brands making cool things ,so if you have a chance to try out some of them do so. SPend some time on youtube lookind at races and try and pick up on the different driving style each vehicle requires.

And the absolute tl:dr is. Its really hard to go wrong these days unless you make a real effort at it.

Edit. I just had to:
I mean fiddlestick me is that a nice vehicle! So many itterations down the line that it is now bordering on perfect.
I almost forget. 30 degree norths buggy also look like it has some real potential. I almost forgot about that. And their stuff is usually of the most excellent quality. If it translates to their cars it is a steal at the price. Fully rtr but cheap enough to leave plenty to mess about with upgrades. Also it looks cool! But so far I haven't seen any in the wild. I am saving up for one myself

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks