Where/How did you get your username?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It came from an RC airshow in 2001 where I was demonstrating 3D flight with a heli. At about 150 feet, my cyclic servo locked up at full positive, running at 1900 on the head...inverted at the time. It went into fail-safe. So, needless to say while I was hanging upside down, the heli decided to go full throttle, full collective, straight into the ground at about 110 mph. Total destruction ensued, including adding a pothole to the middle of the grass runway, spreading grass and dirt chunks all over anyone who was standing near. So, someone joked about me trying to kill dirt...it just stuck.:shuriken:

My username is alittle involved. I started playing Halo online with my friends and wanted a cool name that also had meaning. Failing to be creative enough, I switched the first two letters of my first and last name. Tim Baller became Bam Tiller. Then I wanted it to be representative of my R/C car, and since I'm also in Baja California alot helping pit for my friends when they race class 1 in SCORE events, it became Baja Bam!

First name, last initial=PhilO. I shortened it to Filo cuz it's one less letter to type and I thought it was how "F-eye-low" was supposed to be spelled. Now I use it for everything. They call me that at work.
Also, it is Clint Eastwoods charater in "Every Which Way But Loose".

How's that for not original? :)

When I started off using forums 7 years ago I was Mistified as to what I could use as a title.. Was looking around pondering all sorts of ideas but all sounded daft.. Looked out my window and here was my Opel Vectra sitting outside.. BINGO I thought.. Vectra.. there you go.. Stuck with it since.. ( Not the car..just the username. ) ;)

Kinda along the same lines as Vectra. I own a gold colored Honda Civic that I've had since new in 1990. Still have it, but don't really drive it much anymore..... That (goldencivic) was the only thing that popped in my head!?!

i am a plumber. people always bugged me with the plumber butt comment. i turned it around and now affectionately call myself plumber.

hi
i see you plumbers in canada are treated like gods as you cant get one for love nor money .
wont be long till we get the respect we deserve over hear as well .. LOL

I like speed and I used to be a roadside radar operator

VTL= Vehicle and traffic Law and 1180 is the code for Speed over posted limit... I sometimes tack on NY since I'm in NY...

My last name (Søren Prehn)
Never seen that before :)

And noone have ever seen those 5 letters put together i that order

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks