Which VRC pipe is this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
never had any problems with bolts coming loose for me? Just a spring washer on the bolt and tighten it up well and it’s never come loose. Assuming bigger engines have more vibrations though
No, not coming loose me either. Just the ease to install manifold with a nut and wrench for me is a more secure connection. Might just be in my head though. Lol.

So in regards to stud vs bolt in an exhaust you have heat cycling which over time can fatigue the bolt, studs have less of a chance of snapping while torquing the nut and my view is you only get x amount of chances putting a steel bolt into aluminum threads before eventually your stripping the hole. Let's face it the studs and bolts used for an exhaust in our mainstream rigs are not ment for the temperatures they see in our exhausts so failures are possible.

I agree with studs if your constantly taking your exhaust manifold on and off sure but if not and you "prep" and use bolts you'll be just as good. Prepping meaning you are using the right gasket,you use some sort of rtv and you let it cure,you anneal the copper gasket and you apply the right torque with a torque wrench.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks