white stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I can’t upload videos directly I took a couple screenshots of the video.

Attachments

• 38161B21-BDFB-4160-9735-4A3632291E4A.png
    38161B21-BDFB-4160-9735-4A3632291E4A.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
  • 248EABDB-E33B-40C4-AD68-6020E64241C9.png
    248EABDB-E33B-40C4-AD68-6020E64241C9.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • 2F25620D-80B6-4BA8-A134-9810270FD71A.png
    2F25620D-80B6-4BA8-A134-9810270FD71A.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • 1AD1E5C1-A24A-4357-8B3B-58EBB112E095.png
    1AD1E5C1-A24A-4357-8B3B-58EBB112E095.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • 3918C4B0-FC68-4EBC-901B-3CBCB685B4E3.png
    3918C4B0-FC68-4EBC-901B-3CBCB685B4E3.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • 2B2FD011-8F30-48D4-8DE4-AD1020C1C778.png
    2B2FD011-8F30-48D4-8DE4-AD1020C1C778.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Time to move!
lol, i'd love to live somewhere warmer mate, but cant afford to move, unless doug has a spare room we can have :ROFLMAO:,
if we went to oz though i'd probably be moaning about the heat :ROFLMAO:,
i don't mind the cold tbh, its just snow and ice make it impossible for me to get anywhere thats all :)

lol, i'd love to live somewhere warmer mate, but cant afford to move, unless doug has a spare room we can have :ROFLMAO:,
if we went to oz though i'd probably be moaning about the heat :ROFLMAO:,
i don't mind the cold tbh, its just snow and ice make it impossible for me to get anywhere thats all :)

Time to hit Devon area then fella, very few nights of frost down there and beautiful during the summer, we go down every summer.

Think that's supposed to hit us up here too. Gotta get the new tires on the back of the expedition before it starts. And find a condenser for the cub, may be set the points as well.
Careful out there Sean. That freezing rain and ice is dangerous bro. Snow no problem but that ice is dangerous.

-8 C here today, two of us headed out to run on the ice again. Found out I am pretty much at the cold weather limit for running. Both of us were having issues keeping the carbs tuned and recoils started icing up as well.

My pull start ended up breaking, sorta sucks since we spent a hour and a half shoveling off the track without taking any breaks. Ice conditions were prime. Ice had a little more texture for grip, was almost like running a really loose dirt track. Oh well we had a good time while it lasted.

-8 C here today, two of us headed out to run on the ice again. Found out I am pretty much at the cold weather limit for running. Both of us were having issues keeping the carbs tuned and recoils started icing up as well.

My pull start ended up breaking, sorta sucks since we spent a hour and a half shoveling off the track without taking any breaks. Ice conditions were prime. Ice had a little more texture for grip, was almost like running a really loose dirt track. Oh well we had a good time while it lasted.
Few tips, first look into a carb heater off a saw. Second you should be blocking about 80% of the incoming air around the starter of not all of it and allow the air to be drown from under the engine. This will aid in pre heating the air as it passes over the crank case. These arw normal things to do on saws for cold weather. The carb heater isnt really necessary as most have a window to pass heated air into the carb area, but we don't have that in rc. If your running any oil with caster in it. Stop and get something else. Caster is a wonderful lube but sucks nuts in the cold.

Few tips, first look into a carb heater off a saw. Second you should be blocking about 80% of the incoming air around the starter of not all of it and allow the air to be drown from under the engine. This will aid in pre heating the air as it passes over the crank case. These arw normal things to do on saws for cold weather. The carb heater isnt really necessary as most have a window to pass heated air into the carb area, but we don't have that in rc. If your running any oil with caster in it. Stop and get something else. Caster is a wonderful lube but sucks nuts in the cold.
Thanks Sean,

I’ve probably cut more wood/trees than 80% of the general public due to my past profession. Having said that I am not an arborist or a tree feller. We never tuned our saws at all and they were unfortunately mishandled and neglected, typically ending in me shouting obscenities!

Secondly, yup I was running Castor. I have honestly never used it until buying my losi, maybe I’ll go back to Amsoil for winter months.

Thanks for the advice, makes sense reading it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks