Wt-929 carb trouble

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisBlue233

Hello All,

I was suggested a WT-929 carb over my stock one because I wanted smoother acceleration and idle. I got it in the mail from a friend and I see it doesn’t have a choke or a primer bulb and it only has one fuel fitting. Does this carb pull up fuel or does it have to be gravity fed? I’m going to have to tee my fuel lines before my inline fuel filter because I have a supply and return hose and I just can’t leave one hose disconnected. Would that be the correct way to do it? Can’t seem to find a fuel tank grommet with just one hole. I tried to plug the return fuel line but it wouldn’t start because it wasn’t pulling up fuel to the carb. Either I’m doing something wrong or I just need to tee them together as there is a leak.

Attachments

• 6596224C-83B1-4251-A62E-C9FDFC2F9236.jpeg
    6596224C-83B1-4251-A62E-C9FDFC2F9236.jpeg
    44.1 KB · Views: 5
Hello All,

I was suggested a WT-929 carb over my stock one because I wanted smoother acceleration and idle. I got it in the mail from a friend and I see it doesn’t have a choke or a primer bulb and it only has one fuel fitting. Does this carb pull up fuel or does it have to be gravity fed? I’m going to have to tee my fuel lines before my inline fuel filter because I have a supply and return hose and I just can’t leave one hose disconnected. Would that be the correct way to do it? Can’t seem to find a fuel tank grommet with just one hole. I tried to plug the return fuel line but it wouldn’t start because it wasn’t pulling up fuel to the carb. Either I’m doing something wrong or I just need to tee them together as there is a leak.
It only has one feed And no return and it will pull fuel by itself. Block the return hole in the grommet with a screw. Putting a bag or something over the air filter and that will act as a choke, do a fuel slow pulls (4-5) and it should suck fuel. Then a few fast pulls and see if it starts. I would've stayed with a normal choked carb but that's me ?‍♂️
Those carbs are mostly for boats, where you don't have an air filter and can block the intake with your hand to use as a choke.

Last edited:
It only has one feed and it will pull fuel by itself. Block the return hole in the grommet with a screw. Putting a bag or something over the air filter and that will act as a choke, do a fuel slow pulls (4-5) and it should suck fuel. Then a few fast pulls and see if it starts. I would've stayed with a normal choked carb but that's me ?‍♂️
Those carbs are mostly for boats, where you don't have an air filter and can block the intake with your hand to use as a choke.
It has no return ? I had these on my twin?? personally don't like them .....no choke no prime???‍♂️

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks