DBXL Zenoah G320RC - running in Colorado

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mule

Hey all, I horse traded for a stock DBXL from my buddy and am in the process of upgrading it.
I just ordered a complete G320Rc for it - Yes, I am a performance geek.
The question I can't find an answer for is if there needs to be anything changed to run in CO carb wise? I have a tuned pipe on the way too.
Typically, we need higher compression and smaller carbs for this altitude. Or, forced induction...
I commonly shave some off a head to get compression up or run higher compression pistons when I build an engine. Like I said, I love performance and geek out on engineering the perfect beast. I'm currently building a twin turbo small block 350 for a 40 Plymouth Gasser/Rat Rod sitting in my shop...

Oh yeah, hello, I'm Greg, I have an RC problem and I live in CO...
Current money pits.
DBXL, Super Baja Rey, Arrma Outcast, AX RR10 bomber (converts to crawler, bouncer and racer), Slash drag car, Slash basher, AX SCX24 crawler, Mini-Z RWD, Mini-Z AWD drifter... 1:1 stuff as well.

All you should have to do is lean it out some, factory is typically on the rich side to begin with. If tour really worried about bumping compression, you can check squish and ship the cylinder to tighten it up a good bit. But I don't think it will matter a lot at high altitude, you'll loose a but of performance no matter what.

Thanks all. I'll wing it, it's what I'm good at...
should b fine on factory setting I'd a thought?...most use the obr running in/tuning vid?...or jus tune accordingly?
... welcome aboard btw?
99% of us on here have a "problum".?....so ur not alone?
...whats "horse traded" mean?
.....u swapped a ? for a dbxl?
.....fair deal???
?
Well, more like an old vending machine kind of horse. It was almost as much of a pain as a horse would have been.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks