Z's HPI Baja 5b/5t build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep that's the same one as my Baja (the stock one). SSeems like everything comes with that style stock, wonder why.

I would have to get into the shed an get one of my T230 engines out to show the disk style on it ,I may just go direct
to the parts on line to get a pic from there for that one!
However ,I pulled the starter just now off my T260 ,an it had changed to the other style like you showed ,the
T260 engine is a 4 bolt head an the smaller T230 engine is only a 2 bolt head!

So it makes sense that they did change to that style when the engine becomes bigger than others!
Alright ,here is the T260 starter.

An here is what the other style is that screws onto the crank shaft looks like!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SHINDAIWA-...482787?hash=item23b90cdae3:g:bdYAAOSwHNxaC03P

Last edited:
Ok guys, how does one go about fogging a Engine? I'm Gunna buy fogging oil and make a little fogging tube thingy and I want to know how to fog me Engine, or is this a waste of time?
Ok guys, how does one go about fogging a Engine? I'm Gunna buy fogging oil and make a little fogging tube thingy and I want to know how to fog me Engine, or is this a waste of time?

Annndd I've made me fogging hole, IMG_20190822_210820.jpg
IMG_20190822_210823.jpg
Flows pretty good ? made sure to clean it extra extra good with wd40 (so it won't rust, yes that's the same steel tube, I know I know). I could also probably fog nitrous through this lol. Maybe I should try that. Not now obviously. Used some nitrile for the seals, red loctited it in place, and uses a nylon lock nut, just to be sure ? wouldn't want me nuts falling into me engines mouth, that just wouldn't be good ? what y think?

Should work. Depending in how close to the carb you have it you could use it to help start the engine too.
Maybe, but fuel directly into the cyl would probably still work better. Plus less time cranking it = less wear on the PS and less likely to score the cyl from all that cranking. But I could also be being paranoid

Alright so getting a pullstart to fit this ignition system is Gunna suck a d!ick lol. Here, many smaller things than big.

That is crazy sh^^ right there ,an I don't understand what that smaller gear operates!

Is that the only ignition system out on market like that?

I myself have never dealt with nothing like that ,I wouldnt know how to help!....:unsure:

That is crazy sh^^ right there ,an I don't understand what that smaller gear operates!

Is that the only ignition system out on market like that?

I myself have never dealt with nothing like that ,I wouldnt know how to help!....:unsure:
The smaller gear holds the bigger gear from rotating and changing timing. And yes, this is the only one of it's kind as far as I know, I personally designed it so o take pride in my work ?? except it wasn't specifically designed for a pullstart evidently lol. I will do a proper overview of exactly how it works when it's all figured out ?

There never is with me ??
The smaller gear holds the bigger gear from rotating and changing timing. And yes, this is the only one of it's kind as far as I know, I personally designed it so o take pride in my work ?? except it wasn't specifically designed for a pullstart evidently lol. I will do a proper overview of exactly how it works when it's all figured out ?

That's too much brackets ,you should be able to eliminate all of that ,an put a washer plate onto the gear to keep
it in place ,then use your pull start adapter to tighten the washer plate in place!

That's too much brackets ,you should be able to eliminate all of that ,an put a washer plate onto the gear to keep
it in place ,then use your pull start adapter to tighten the washer plate in place!
Ok when I get home I'll see about this, so your suggesting putting a washer under the flywheel to keep the gear from coming up right?

Ok when I get home I'll see about this, so your suggesting putting a washer under the flywheel to keep the gear from coming up right?

Something like that ,but I still don't understand why the usage of that big gear either ,is it actually doing anything?

Gotcha ,now I know what you have done....genious ,well almost!

So the gear is the pulse sensor mount ,that is adjustable ,via through the smaller gear ,an just haven't dialed
it in yet with the p-paw ,so while the crank shafts spins ,that stays stationary!

Its just in do timing to figure it out right?.....LOL

Gotcha ,now I know what you have done....genious ,well almost!

So the gear is the pulse sensor mount ,that is adjustable ,via through the smaller gear ,an just haven't dialed
it in yet with the p-paw ,so while the crank shafts spins ,that stays stationary!

Its just in do timing to figure it out right?.....LOL
Lol. Yeah I'm quite proud of my design ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks