Z's HPI Baja 5b/5t build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't get that 6k x2 runs sell it for half of the out lay?‍♂️??
6k including motor, he kept the motor and sold the other stuff. I forgot how much he got for it ?
I don't get how people change their mind within 2 runs ?‍♂️ like ,you can barely even learn your car in 2 runs ?‍♂️ too much money and don't know what to do with it I guess ??

I do it because I get bored and like to build them lol. But some may just not like them, and sell out. Had a good friends who built a losi 5ive-t rcmax 65cc to the nuts, ran 2 tanks through it and parted it out. Hated how it handled and how heavy it was.
Honestly the weight is probably my favorite part. You can't have realistic handling with something that weighs 15 lbs... I mean I get it if all you wanna do is zip around, but I love how these things have so much momentum that you either drift through every turn or you get more traction and flip through every turn :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I keep eyeing that 5ive B kit as something "zippy" but I just feel like if I wanna do that I could just get a brushless 1/8 or something. I would love to build a kit from ground up though.

Jus wondering, what mods do stock losi's usually need ? Other than pipe n Killswitch. Could probably get a brand new 2.0 if I wanted/saved hard enough. Again, just hypothetical, no decision has been made. Btw ,I ran the Baja yesterday for 20 mins and it ran well . New servo tho is noticably slower than the last one. Not too bad but definitely noticable. Probably take sum getting used to ?‍♂️ wheel fell off again too ?‍♂️?

Jus wondering, what mods do stock losi's usually need ? Other than pipe n Killswitch. Could probably get a brand new 2.0 if I wanted/saved hard enough. Again, just hypothetical, no decision has been made. Btw ,I ran the Baja yesterday for 20 mins and it ran well . New servo tho is noticably slower than the last one. Not too bad but definitely noticable. Probably take sum getting used to ?‍♂️ wheel fell off again too ?‍♂️?

Honestly not much. A center diff carrier is a good upgrade, and chassis braces. But they can be ran hard out of the box.

Just a thought. The 5ive platform is more or less legendary. It will out bash most other rtr out of the box with minimal upgrades, really none if you just want to go have fun. The 2.0 even has better drive train geometry so should wear less. I cant say weve seen too many issues right out of the box that wernt taken care of under warranty. I get the chassis braces and go have some fun.

Just a thought. The 5ive platform is more or less legendary. It will out bash most other rtr out of the box with minimal upgrades, really none if you just want to go have fun. The 2.0 even has better drive train geometry so should wear less. I cant say weve seen too many issues right out of the box that wernt taken care of under warranty. I get the chassis braces and go have some fun.
Yeah I know, it doesn't have so many fans for no reason and I've seen what people do to them (abuse). But if I wanted to upgrade stuff later down the road it will take longer to save for some parts cuz they are more expensive. Something to think about.

Yeah I know, it doesn't have so many fans for no reason and I've seen what people do to them (abuse). But if I wanted to upgrade stuff later down the road it will take longer to save for some parts cuz they are more expensive. Something to think about.

don't get me wrong, as most know I love rcmax. But the chassis isnt necessary in my opinion and adds weight. It no doubt is stronger, but if you bend the stock one, you have other problems to.

Personally the factory HPI chassis is good also, have never had issues. Most who do is because it took a tree at 30mph, then they want to upgrade because they think that chassis should have took that hit.

don't get me wrong, as most know I love rcmax. But the chassis isnt necessary in my opinion and adds weight. It no doubt is stronger, but if you bend the stock one, you have other problems to.

Personally the factory HPI chassis is good also, have never had issues. Most who do is because it took a tree at 30mph, then they want to upgrade because they think that chassis should have took that hit.
I know, was just a example. Shocks, much more expensive, now there's 2 extra diffs aswell, 2 extra tires (never have to change fronts on a Baja), 4 extra axles, bigger and more expensive servos, ECT.

I know, was just a example. Shocks, much more expensive, now there's 2 extra diffs aswell, 2 extra tires (never have to change fronts on a Baja), 4 extra axles, bigger and more expensive servos, ECT.

As sean said they are the most washable rig out of the box. Shocks don't need upgraded at all, springs maybe. You can get TLR diffs for cheap and they are just as good as the others. Axles don't need replaced unless your running 50cc + even then sometimes they hold up.

Your trying to give piss poor excuses to not get one. But I and many others will counter all of them with truth

As sean said they are the most washable rig out of the box. Shocks don't need upgraded at all, springs maybe. You can get TLR diffs for cheap and they are just as good as the others. Axles don't need replaced unless your running 50cc + even then sometimes they hold up.

Your trying to give piss poor excuses to not get one. But I and many others will counter all of them with truth
I mean it's not like I'm trying to get you guys to convince me, I want one and have been wanting one. I don't know if I want one that bad tho ? we will see. September time is when I have to make my mind up ? the reliability is definitely a selling factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks