Z's HPI Baja 5b/5t build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Z your bad luck must be catching. I ran my Baja yesterday morning and the LiFe went flat after 1/4 of a tank, so ran the Tamco, it threw the pinion off, so ran a couple of the 1/10's we had taken out. Out of 5 rc's we came back with 1 working ( my sons Absima AMT3.4 that he bashed for 2 hours straight).
Got home, put quick charge into LiFe, goes to local field and it threw a rear drive pin, wheel fell off before the exhaust even got warm.
Thought feck it, took it home, ripped it to bits to replace the flywheel, also changed crank case cover, put new clutch in and found carb air leak, sorted all that, put it back together and on the 5th pull the starter cord snapped.

Pleased you got your rear trans plate though, looks good.

Z your bad luck must be catching. I ran my Baja yesterday morning and the LiFe went flat after 1/4 of a tank, so ran the Tamco, it threw the pinion off, so ran a couple of the 1/10's we had taken out. Out of 5 rc's we came back with 1 working ( my sons Absima AMT3.4 that he bashed for 2 hours straight).
Got home, put quick charge into LiFe, goes to local field and it threw a rear drive pin, wheel fell off before the exhaust even got warm.
Thought feck it, took it home, ripped it to bits to replace the flywheel, also changed crank case cover, put new clutch in and found carb air leak, sorted all that, put it back together and on the 5th pull the starter cord snapped.

Pleased you got your rear trans plate though, looks good.
Its not bad luck, Baja's just break all the fricken time.
Get yourself a dbxl and let her rip trouble free. I run mine daily, and have more dirt on my rigs than most have in their yards to prove it.? Hey Z, Baja's are junk and never run.???????????‍♂️?

Yeah.. I love my baja....

that being said...

still breaks something almost every run... it’s rare to be able to run out a full tank...

Since I got a losi 5ive T 2.0 and built a losi 5ive B... those 2 will normally run for days before I just get tired of playing with em or run out of time to play ??‍♂️

Not having to work on something constantly sure does make the hobby way more fun!

granted I could take the 34 reed engine out and put a stock 23cc in and not have near the issues

But honestly I’d have just as much fun mowing my yard with a pair of scissors at that point..

so I’ll leave things as they are... if I feel like wrenching I’ll get out the Baja.. And keep a basket close to put all the broken parts in

Any other time I grab one of the other 2

To be fair... mine wasn’t as bad when it was new.. usually only broke because in the beginning my depth perception was that of a blind mans... hit just about everything within radio range... ?‍♂️???‍♂️

I’ve improved in the last 3yrs... but now the Baja is pushing 30hrs of runtime/abuse/torcher testing so her bones are a bit on the brittle side...

Probably could stand an over haul ??‍♂️

Railed them both gooooood eh ???????
No you didn't I went to bed lol. Go look at my rebuild thread plenty of dirty pics. And tbh, I've run the savvy more then the dbxl here late, as I can dumb down the throttle curve so my daughter can run it. She hasn't quite mastered throttle control. When she does and remembers to watch the car the entire time she's driving it. I'll get the db out more. Beyond that you can suck my ???????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks