Z's HPI Baja PT:2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put 18/56 ?? or get the 5sc transmission idle gear ?? ⚙ give more torque
No, can't lower gears cuz I'll loose top end, and it feels under geared as is (19/55) . Just doesn't have that Torque I want. You know what will tho ???????
Put all my guards back on , and made a new bottom tray to keep all the grass off the motor ? need to make some new CV guards too
IMG_20200726_202558.jpg
15958134514057240654009493820224.jpg
15958134609102163629471742533077.jpg

Last edited:
No, can't lower gears cuz I'll loose top end, and it feels under geared as is (19/55) . Just doesn't have that Torque I want. You know what will tho ???????
All you would be doing is taking a tooth from the spur an putting it over to the bell gear on the way doug said!....:unsure:

If you want & need more torque ,then you need to either go up one tooth on the spur or one tooth down on the bell!

All you would be doing is taking a tooth from the spur an putting it over to the bell gear on the way doug said!....:unsure:

If you want & need more torque ,then you need to either go up one tooth on the spur or one tooth down on the bell!
Yes but then I sacrifice top end which I don't want to do.my point is the motor is lacking bottom end period, gearing won't fix that because then I fek myself in the top end. It needs to be able to pull bigger gears and still have bottom end (basically it needs morr all around power) . So that's why I want to upgrade it to summin bigger in the winter?

Yes but then I sacrifice top end which I don't want to do.my point is the motor is lacking bottom end period, gearing won't fix that because then I fek myself in the top end. It needs to be able to pull bigger gears and still have bottom end (basically it needs morr all around power) . So that's why I want to upgrade it to summin bigger in the winter?

Yea but ,hows the top end now ,does it have good top end?

imagine wanting to do a big bore hybrid build, but not wanting to replace a blown out tire........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... ?‍♂️ :ROFLMAO:

imagine wanting to do a big bore hybrid build, but not wanting to replace a blown out tire........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... ?‍♂️ :ROFLMAO:
It's not blown out, it's to prevent it from blowing out. As I haven't had great luck with foam inserts.
Yea but ,hows the top end now ,does it have good top end?
Yes,needs more gear tho
Btw @cbaker65 I actually now agree with you on the orange shock adjuster thing you said , kinda looks like poop. So I will remove it and de anodize it next time I have the shock removed ?

Last edited:
It's not blown out, it's to prevent it from blowing out. As I haven't had great luck with foam inserts.

Yes,needs more gear tho
Btw @cbaker65 I actually now agree with you on the orange shock adjuster thing you said , kinda looks like poop. So I will remove it and de anodize it next time I have the shock removed ?

I see now,,, :unsure: ....you only have one spec of orange on there other than the rings on the wheel ,the front has none!...:giggle:

???????????????

, vertigo pinion clutch bell and clutch carrier (don't buy that stuff, gearing is a dead end, buy blackbone instead) , fs clutch, snappy vent kit (never buy that poop),

Quick question on this...
What was wrong with the Vertigo clutch bell and carrier?
What was wrong with the snappy vent kit?

I was interested in the Vertigo, would be nice to have some more info before shelling out $$

nice looking baja, love the window shield. I’m surprised you don’t have a lot of bottom end power consider your Baja looks really light.
Thanks ?
Quick question on this...
What was wrong with the Vertigo clutch bell and carrier?
What was wrong with the snappy vent kit?

I was interested in the Vertigo, would be nice to have some more info before shelling out $$
The vertigo system is great and durable , BUT if you want to go bigger than like 19 teath on the pinion you can't because they do not make a pinion bigger than that for the Baja. That is why I should have, and recommend any one else to, just buy the backbone clutch bell, rcmax 54mm carrier, and blackbone gearing from Detroit performance, Because you have practically unlimited gearing options.
Snappy vent? Well, it's over priced and leaks like mad. Buy an MX vent off Detroit performance or something for 5 bucks, those are much better I hear
DDM DOTD is foams today 7/27/20 ?

I'm glad you finally pulled it together.
That's the way to prove all the doubters wrong..??
Now if only the curbs get onboard and stop jumping out at ya!??
Good job,dude.?
Thanx m8, sadly it's raining and I can't go bash the poop out of it ☹️

Last edited:
Thanks ?

The vertigo system is great and durable , BUT if you want to go bigger than like 19 teath on the pinion you can't because they do not make a pinion bigger than that for the Baja. That is why I should have, and recommend any one else to, just buy the backbone clutch bell, rcmax 54mm carrier, and blackbone gearing from Detroit performance, Because you have practically unlimited gearing options.
Snappy vent? Well, it's over priced and leaks like mad. Buy an MX vent off Detroit performance or something for 5 bucks, those are much better I hear

Thanx m8, sadly it's raining and I can't go bash the poop out of it ☹

Aww ,ye afraid of a little rain ,thats when the fun begins with a Baja!...:p

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks