GazooRC Kraken Vekta Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put badlands mx 57 on my vesla, little taller but more low profile , also glued rims for a bit of weight savings. Put j concept magmas with beadlocks on my vekta, poor 34 esp ported seems underpowered with them. Of course trying to compare it to the vesla with a Taylor 50gt ... just isn't a fair comparison. Lol

I put badlands mx 57 on my vesla, little taller but more low profile , also glued rims for a bit of weight savings. Put j concept magmas with beadlocks on my vekta, poor 34 esp ported seems underpowered with them. Of course trying to compare it to the vesla with a Taylor 50gt ... just isn't a fair comparison. Lol
True that really isnt a fair comparison lol but taller tires especially with a smaller powerplant will bog the engine more than a bigger engine. Need to gear down to get that torque back to offset the taller tires. 💪

I swapped to mad max giant grip knobbies for the vecta, big difference, allready got the torque gear set when I bought the lse kit, but I'm so in love with the taylor engines now I have the 71cc in my plans, trying to hold out and run the 34 a bit ... but it seems like torture! May end up with it in the losi 5t. The last sale on the 71 was hard to resist. I may break down if it comes on sale again.

I swapped to mad max giant grip knobbies for the vecta, big difference, allready got the torque gear set when I bought the lse kit, but I'm so in love with the taylor engines now I have the 71cc in my plans, trying to hold out and run the 34 a bit ... but it seems like torture! May end up with it in the losi 5t. The last sale on the 71 was hard to resist. I may break down if it comes on sale again.
haha yea I hear ya there. A stock small bore is definitely underpowered for the Vekta imo. A 71 will definitely wake it up! Taylor makes amazing engines with amazing power as you know. Cant beat em!
I had a G320 in my Vekta for 1 run and swapped it out lol Now im trying to figure out a rig to put it in. :unsure: I'm thinking a 5ive T also or a MCD W5.

Yes I got mine in June. Correct no rear adjustment. I’m ok with that though I’m not racing.
Nothing to do with racing, the v2 was a let down. Parts that came with the v1 were substituted with lesser parts. Somehow this is deemed acceptable by both kraken and those that bought them, all in favor of a slightly improved rear axle.
haha yea I hear ya there. A stock small bore is definitely underpowered for the Vekta imo. A 71 will definitely wake it up! Taylor makes amazing engines with amazing power as you know. Cant beat em!
I had a G320 in my Vekta for 1 run and swapped it out lol Now im trying to figure out a rig to put it in. :unsure: I'm thinking a 5ive T also or a MCD W5.
No its not under powered, it preforms exactly as expected, you guys with your big bore or bust mentality need to get over yourself. First not everyone can afford one, and second it's extremely misleading to state a small bore under performs. Which it most certainly does not. It preforms just as intended with the power it puts out, which is perfectly fine for the average user.

Nothing to do with racing, the v2 was a let down. Parts that came with the v1 were substituted with lesser parts. Somehow this is deemed acceptable by both kraken and those that bought them, all in favor of a slightly improved rear axle.

No its not under powered, it preforms exactly as expected, you guys with your big bore or bust mentality need to get over yourself. First not everyone can afford one, and second it's extremely misleading to state a small bore under performs. Which it most certainly does not. It preforms just as intended with the power it puts out, which is perfectly fine for the average user.
Ahh yes, im following you.

Hey Gazoo.
I see you are in RI. What part?
Next door in Ct. myself. Just outside New Haven.

Still searching for good spots to run larger stuff and don't mind taking a ride for a day of playing. Anything up your way?? Wouldn't mind hooking up with some others that might be somewhat close.

Hey Gazoo.
I see you are in RI. What part?
Next door in Ct. myself. Just outside New Haven.

Still searching for good spots to run larger stuff and don't mind taking a ride for a day of playing. Anything up your way?? Wouldn't mind hooking up with some others that might be somewhat close.
Hey bud. New Haven is about 2 hours from me. I’m in northern RI.
I’m in the same boat actually. There’s not much around here. RI is to built up. Even parks are neighboring houses. Western ct might be our best bet. There’s alot of nothing out there haha. I haven’t found a good spot yet myself. I have a parking lot by my house but need some good woods or a field.

Hey bud. New Haven is about 2 hours from me. I’m in northern RI.
I’m in the same boat actually. There’s not much around here. RI is to built up. Even parks are neighboring houses. Western ct might be our best bet. There’s alot of nothing out there haha. I haven’t found a good spot yet myself. I have a parking lot by my house but need some good woods or a field.

Same issues here with space but working on finding new areas.

I often wonder about the sand dunes/sand pit off of I95 around exit 7 in RI. We used to go run our dirt bikes years ago up there.
There is Rocky Hill Raceway New Hampshire about 2 hours North of me. Might be a little closer for you.
Probably going to do a road trip in Spring.

If I come up with anything good I will pass it along.

Same issues here with space but working on finding new areas.

I often wonder about the sand dunes/sand pit off of I95 around exit 7 in RI. We used to go run our dirt bikes years ago up there.
There is Rocky Hill Raceway New Hampshire about 2 hours North of me. Might be a little closer for you.
Probably going to do a road trip in Spring.

If I come up with anything good I will pass it along.
I haven’t been out that way to check on the dunes but might be a good option.
Nice if you find anything let me know brotha 🤙🏼

I haven’t been out that way to check on the dunes but might be a good option.
Nice if you find anything let me know brotha 🤙🏼
You're not too far so I will keep you in the loop if I come up with anything. Too much invested to just let it sit idle.
Kind of off season here now so when the time comes I will let you know.

Back to your truck.
Being an engine builder by trade and still a little green with the larger stuff here. What on earth is that billet thing of beauty you have there?
Besides a work of art!
(y) I'd put that on my mantle.

You're not too far so I will keep you in the loop if I come up with anything. Too much invested to just let it sit idle.
Kind of off season here now so when the time comes I will let you know.

Back to your truck.
Being an engine builder by trade and still a little green with the larger stuff here. What on earth is that billet thing of beauty you have there?
Besides a work of art!
(y) I'd put that on my mantle.
Sounds good brotha. Look me up on insta under the same name. Yea nothing is getting run right now (snowing) anyways hints the rebuild.
At the price tag of these it should be on a mantle. lol this engine is a 71cc big bore. Taylor RC. Check him out. Dude is a god! The billet chassis it’s sitting on is also made by Taylor. I have another rig with a bunch of his parts on it too and a Taylor 50cc. He’s based out of the UK but wicked fast shipping!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks