Mega monster with my first mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you thought about putting a GP460 motor in your awesome looking truck? pretty much a straight bolt on. You can pick it up cheap ($265) at DDM Racing with the Zenoh adaptor (~$20) for the pull start so you don’t cut your frame and recycle your pull starter from the stock engine. Order the 90 degree intake adaptor (~£49) from TaylorRC so you are not moving the gas tank. A little fab work needs to be done to make an exhaust manifold and pipe brace and then you will have a truck that is supposed to be a lot faster. Or you could order it from primal for $899

IMG_5402.png

IMG_5403.png

IMG_5404.png

Sure is a big price difference! I have checked it out and was hoping to run the stock engine for a bit...it's going to be tough to endure since being introduced to a Taylor 50gt! Maybe I can hold off a little while, but if new shafts and drive cups get figured out, I think I'll go Taylor 50gt.
I was thinking to gear down and make a small trailer to haul around my chain saw in the bush. I'll take some time to think about it

I was thinking to gear down and make a small trailer to haul around my chain saw in the bush.
Why just a chain saw? Fabricate a place for you to ride too.
Now I guess you’re looking at the complete front axle assembly and thinking, “If I go with 4WS, I could just buy a complete front axle and use the rear axle for a trailer axle with a brake.”

I’m looking to build a chariot for mine to get me down to my buddy’s house about 3.5miles away.

Hhmm, hadn't thought of trying to make it haul around my 240 pound mass, but that's close to an idea I've had since I started with rock crawlers, a driven axle under the trailer. Either buy driveshaft or even separate gear box...motor on axle design. But I got into large scale pretty hard this year and crawlers have taken a back burner.
Lots of things to keep my mind busy now.

If your not setup quite right the throtle cable tends to pull out of bracket making it hang open.Slightly bending and wire tie to something will solve problem.Myself and Shadoman had simular issue with taylor engines.I don't recomend the aftermarket steering links primal and taylor sell ,mine froze up and burnt up a servo.I amm running primal hd links with taylor arms,the ones with larger shcs,perfect,very little if any slop.

Good news! This mcd filter kit with the rubber fit just right. Don't know how it might fit other engines than stock .... so far. There is a Taylor air filter intake for vekta that was interesting me, and the crazy stuff tube for the 5t. This one was pointed out to me, it was the cheapest option, fits fine even with the driver and cage, is close to the tuned pipe but not touching. Another thought I had was to move the tank up and back if needed but this installed with nothing but a flat screwdriver and a few minutes. I'm happy and hope someone will get ideas for their's. I mean I can't be the only one that runs threw high grass or wants to splash in mud puddles. Lol

20231110_134347.jpg

20231110_134332.jpg

20231110_134433.jpg

20231110_134605.jpg

Hi guys long time no posting, but I haven't been cured of my rc obsession by a long shot! Posted a picture to a new Comer to the site and I was unstoppable in my determination to try my mega truck in the snow. Finally got some accumulated snow and non frigid temps, even though it was getting dark then completely dark by the end of the run a had a blast.
That Chinese motor seems to love the cold and with the resistance of 4-6 inches of snow it actually sounds like it revs higher, or at least get high enough to sound like it's dieing. My air filter location is an absolute perfect idea. I could go back to check who it was that said to try it, but thanks and it is perfect. Was in deep snow, did donuts on ice and frozen dirt. Made a 3-4 foot high jump out of snow and even caught ... a little bit of air.
Only down side to the ride was I noticed, after a jump went bad and it did a nose dive then forward roll back to its wheels, is the front nudge bar I added is a little soft, got a bit bent but a bit of pressure from a crowbar brought it right back. Maybe I might try to add on some reinforcement to it , or just try and land on the wheels. Lol
Wanted to take a video, but the light was low and I wasn't waiting, maybe next time and it should be soon.

20240111_173112.jpg

20240111_173122.jpg

20240111_173151.jpg

20240111_173202.jpg

20240111_174753.jpg

20240111_175023.jpg

I figured as much from the name of them ... nudge bar! Came down hard on the front after the rear end popped off the pile of snow jump. Not disappointed
Big storm was forecast but the temps are above freezing and it's only raining here. I better go shape that jump while I can cause a cold snap is coming for next week, was just out slipping around with my x maxx and even it has a tough time off one side.
I guess I'm not perfect at making jumps with the tractor and loader yet. Lol

Well, my last ride threw the water taught me how long the pull cord was and to not pull it all the way out! With a bit of finesse and convincing I managed to get maybe 6 inches extra cord onto the spool. Of course this is not a perfect solution but it will give me just a bit more chance. The original rope was fine and not sure why or how the knot just came out

20240412_194334.jpg

20240412_194307.jpg

17129656859407168042230103009182.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks