23cc won’t start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amos.fitton

So I have basically a brand new engine I rebuilt. I’ve rebuilt many engines and turns out successful. This engine was off a 23cc Baja 5b. Not sure if 2.0 or not but it’s 6 years old. Never really used until now as I want to sell it. The engine was completely taken apart and cleaned spotless then re greased and out back together with nothing left Out. New piston rings pins etc. but now everything’s together it will not fire. Has new spark plug and give a big blue spark. Has new fuel and plug is wet when trying to start so it gets fuel and seems it has compression as you can feel it and hear it. Don’t have a tester. Hasn’t even fired once or tried to. Cylinders stone cold and tried many pulls and engine starting fluid. Dunno what’s wrong. Piston is on right way and so is everything else

Sounds like you've flooded it. Reset carb to factory settings. Take the carb off and plug out give it a couple yanks to clear it out. Pit it back together. I would think it should fire off based on what you've said.

Sounds like you've flooded it. Reset carb to factory settings. Take the carb off and plug out give it a couple yanks to clear it out. Pit it back together. I would think it should fire off based on what you've said.

i have jets set to stock settings
L= 1 1/4
H= 1 3/8
Still won’t even fire :(

Would the high needle setting being off by just 1/8 be the reason for the engine not starting. I'm kinda butting in, but since I've had my fair share of no start issues I was trying g to see how this was resolved.

Would the high needle setting being off by just 1/8 be the reason for the engine not starting. I'm kinda butting in, but since I've had my fair share of no start issues I was trying g to see how this was resolved.

Engine should have started with a little gas squirt or starting fluid ,he said that it wont fire!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks