30 Degree's North Truck (5T clone)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been doing some stuff this week, just trialing stuff to see what I thought.
I've been thinking about a spoiler/wing for a couple months now but refuse to pay £50 for one that I will smash up in a couple bashing sessions.
So knocked this up out of some thin flexible plastic sheet, also made some wheel tubs and CVD protectors, I'd made rear protectors previously but managed to smash them off.
Anyways here's some pics.
P.S. spoiler is prototype and will probably be replaced.
20210611_132852.jpg20210611_132907.jpg20210611_132917.jpg20210611_132924.jpg20210611_132947.jpg

what doug said kev ☝️(y)(y),
how you finding the 30 degree stuff an all ?
all tickity boo so far ? :D
Loving it spents, very reliable and great fun.
Nothing has worn out yet and only broken stuff has been my own doing, exhaust flex from jumping high on BMX track to flat landings and top end kit from misplaced inlet gasket.
The truck itself has had about 20 litres of fuel through it field bashing and track bashing.
Plus the lads I bash with mostly have the 30DNT's, there's bout 8 of them in our group.

I want a 30dnt but have helf off due to my shaken trust in clones lately
They really are superb machines, buy the roller kit and stick and OBR in it and your own servo's. The abuse they take is amazing, a lad we bash with runs his very hard with a Reed 34 in it jumping 10ft+ high, nose landings the lot and it just takes it.

So, we are now 12 months into ownership of this truck.
I think I've put about 30 litres of fuel through it and in that time I've replaced the exhaust, steering servo, piston ring, piston, head.
But in the trucks defence the exhaust was my fault, the rest cost me £54 and a warranty job.
I've just swapped out the engine but that is still fine and is being transplanted into the Baja.

Reliability wise this truck is awesome, if I want to go bashing/racing I throw the 2S Lipo in it and mix some fuel up and go. It has never failed on me.
I have cartwheeled this truck, high jumped in on dolomite, long jumped it, put it through the fences at the track more than once, caught tyre walls more times than I care to remember, "rubbing" with other trucks and it just takes it.

If this "clone" is not built to the same standard as the Losi 5ive T then the genuine truck must be indestructible.

So as you know I've changed the engine to a Zenoah G320, and once that has been ran in I think I will change the pinion to a 21tooth.

Just for comparison between my truck and my Baja, the truck has had approx 30 litres of fuel through it, in that time the Baja may of had 3 or maybe 4 litres through it, even though they generally get taken out together.

I've crammed that 30 liters into 2-3 months worth of weekends on my 5T and can say I've experienced almost the exact same except the exhaust and new head. These things are tanks! With that 21T pinion you'll be pushing 50mph+ with the g320. Had mine up to 46mph yesterday with a 20T.

I've crammed that 30 liters into 2-3 months worth of weekends on my 5T and can say I've experienced almost the exact same except the exhaust and new head. These things are tanks! With that 21T pinion you'll be pushing 50mph+ with the g320. Had mine up to 46mph yesterday with a 20T.
I saw 27mph on 19tooth but that wasn't tuned, was purely running in and thought I'd do a short speed run, its gonna be getting ran some more this week in the hope it's ready for tuning by the weekend.

So, we are now 12 months into ownership of this truck.
I think I've put about 30 litres of fuel through it and in that time I've replaced the exhaust, steering servo, piston ring, piston, head.
But in the trucks defence the exhaust was my fault, the rest cost me £54 and a warranty job.
I've just swapped out the engine but that is still fine and is being transplanted into the Baja.

Reliability wise this truck is awesome, if I want to go bashing/racing I throw the 2S Lipo in it and mix some fuel up and go. It has never failed on me.
I have cartwheeled this truck, high jumped in on dolomite, long jumped it, put it through the fences at the track more than once, caught tyre walls more times than I care to remember, "rubbing" with other trucks and it just takes it.

If this "clone" is not built to the same standard as the Losi 5ive T then the genuine truck must be indestructible.

So as you know I've changed the engine to a Zenoah G320, and once that has been ran in I think I will change the pinion to a 21tooth.

Just for comparison between my truck and my Baja, the truck has had approx 30 litres of fuel through it, in that time the Baja may of had 3 or maybe 4 litres through it, even though they generally get taken out together.
lol kev it shows which one you prefer outa the baja and 30 degree then (y)(y),
always better to have two rc's with you at least when going out though,
that way when ya wreck or blow one up ya have a backup (y):LOL:,
happy for you that the trucks being so reliable as well,

lol kev it shows which one you prefer outa the baja and 30 degree then (y)(y),
always better to have two rc's with you at least when going out though,
that way when ya wreck or blow one up ya have a backup (y):LOL:,
happy for you that the trucks being so reliable as well,
I do love my Baja and its great fun, but think I've only brought it home 3 maybe 4 times in a working condition, and that's in 2.5 years of ownership lol.
I try with the Baja every time, and it's a blast when it's working. Just not the most reliable rig.
Truck is great, it just works, maybe not as much of a hooligan as the Baja but can get it round a track lol.

Keep us posted on whether or not they spit pls. I bought the pin kit too but ended up replacing the whole bones cause I was afraid of them spitting. I had a brand new FLM bone spit on me and ruin the rear bearings and diff insert.

Keep us posted on whether or not they spit pls. I bought the pin kit too but ended up replacing the whole bones cause I was afraid of them spitting. I had a brand new FLM bone spit on me and ruin the rear bearings and diff insert.
It pressed out easy enough and the new one pressed in without an issue. To be honest I'm gonna order some new centre shafts anyways for when this pin wears out as the CVD end is a little worn.
I will keep you updated of any carnage lol

Well had a bit of fun yesterday at a very wet track, only ran about 3/4 of a tank through the truck as most of the lads where put off by the mud (pussies). Anyways I've had the truck blown apart completely after running a tank through the new engine, I wanted to check diff's, shocks etc and make some adjustments.
Overall I was happy with the old setup but thought there was room for improvement so dropped the shock oil weight down from 500cst to 400cst both front and rear but added a little more preload and removed my spare wheel and carrier from the rear. The truck handled the jumps, corners and general surface exactly like I wanted to, even with half worn mini pin tyres on a soft slick surface. I need to adjust my brakes but can do that at my bashing field.
The diffs I refreshed the oil, but they hadn't lost fluid and appeared in good condition (ashamed to say its 12months since they where opened) running 50k cst upfront 100k cst centre and 10k cst at the rear.
At the track the 19t pinion is perfect, it just touches peak rpm's at the end of the long straight before I throw it into turn 1. I may up it to a 21t for general bashing.
The low down torque of the Zen 32 is brilliant and this engine is improving every lap, I can see why you lads always go on about the Zenoah engines.
For what I use my truck for and what I want out of it, I think its currently absolutely perfect.
PS sorry for the waffling on, just love my truck lol.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks