30 Degree's North Truck (5T clone)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 30 DNT is great out of the box for what you pay... Best upgrade is change out the crappy Chineseium bearings. It's extremely tough then.
Worth while upgrades like the rcmax diff cases and shock towers are well worth it mind.
And a decent engine that's not obr helps no end

Attachments

• PXL_20211003_132233702.jpg
    PXL_20211003_132233702.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 47
Been making some more crud guards today for the side pods after seeing that someone else had done it recently.
Easy enough to do and made from same material as rear wing and inner fenders.
270mm X 100mm is more than sufficient with corners clipped out. I've got them bolted to the cage using the holes already there.
You can also see how glossy black the shell is, plus noticed today just how flexible its become since oiling it.
Screenshot_20211020-161941_Gallery.jpg
20211020_111212.jpg

Nice topic. im thinking about losi 5t or the dtt 30N. i have seen it and looks great. all the tunning parts are the same from losi 5t, so except the engine Z 32cc i cannot imagine another reason for not buying 30N?? is something else that losi has the double money from DTT? I believe 30 N with Z32cc will the best....

These come with Zenoah engines???
I paid the same for my rovan lt360 and I regret it now lol
No mine came with a 29cc BWS engine, also marketed as 3p Degree's North.
They are a canny engine, but the Zenoah G320 is much much better.
The LT are a bit less quality but can be made to be good trucks.
Watch out for the diffs.

No mine came with a 29cc BWS engine, also marketed as 3p Degree's North.
They are a canny engine, but the Zenoah G320 is much much better.
The LT are a bit less quality but can be made to be good trucks.
Watch out for the diffs.
Aha! You swapped it ok.
Well my LT came with completely fiddlesticked up bell carrier bearings and it destroyed the entire engine throughout 20 tanks… I swapped a new engine BEFORE KNOWING about the bell carrier bearings and it also destroyed the bearings of the second engine…

Aha! You swapped it ok.
Well my LT came with completely fiddlesticked up bell carrier bearings and it destroyed the entire engine throughout 20 tanks… I swapped a new engine BEFORE KNOWING about the bell carrier bearings and it also destroyed the bearings of the second engine…
Yeah after 12months I swapped it out, that engine is still running and has now been put in my Baja as it has the plus2 crank making it a 30.5cc.

Ouch, expensive lesson on the carrier bearings.

Have you got it sorted now though??

Yeah after 12months I swapped it out, that engine is still running and has now been put in my Baja as it has the plus2 crank making it a 30.5cc.

Ouch, expensive lesson on the carrier bearings.

Have you got it sorted now though??
Yes I did fix it… Terrible qc, and it failed in such way that I couldn’t notice, no strange noise, no weird movement, I could only feel it by touch turning the bearings….

Glad the 30dnt is working nicely for you

I have been reading up on these 30dnt and was wavering on a clone or just get the 5t. Well my check book said the 30dnt was the machine for me. So about a month ago when they came available again at.king motors I made the buy with some outwears and a killer bee from ddm and away I went. Took me like a week to get that thing to fire and a trip to a small.engine guy and bang I got it going! I have 3-4 tanks run through it after a short break in. Figured cheap engine so let's mash this thing! So far so good though i haven't gone to much off road since snow.and mud is the theme in my area. Basically if it stalls out way to much work to get it unstuck!

Thanks for the information this thread gave me on deciding to buy this toy!

Skid plates...........I was thinking but maybe a silencer :]

Ok it doesn't look like it has been used and kind of a parking lot/back yard queen but getting it dialed in to beat it silly.

Seriously a silencer should be bought, this is the loudest rig I have ever owned! What else is a cheap add on for this that gets me something extra. Outside the broke stuff I will manage to replace anything else for a cheap mod that might be worth it?16498184058481978265618871370508.jpg16498181736057210913562897510116.jpg
I'd recommend the skid plates just to keep your chassis plate from getting hammered and some thicker shock oil
Cool and thanks. Right now it handles alright figured at some point I will have no.choice but to replace the shock oil. Recommended weight?

This thing is loads of fun out of the box. Killer bee, shock covers and pull start cover and then add gas and go. Not the slickest starting rig but for the money loads of fun at the gravel pit! Now to find a track to bash.

Attachments

• 20220415_153425.jpg
    20220415_153425.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220415_153425.jpg
    20220415_153425.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 6
This thing is loads of fun out of the box. Killer bee, shock covers and pull start cover and then add gas and go. Not the slickest starting rig but for the money loads of fun at the gravel pit! Now to find a track to bash.
I found a good starting procedure and it works well for the Zenoah and other engines.
Choke on,
Primer bulb pressed 3 times,
3 slow pulls on pull start,
Check kill is on run mode,
2 quicker pulls on pullstart,
Choke off,
3 slow pulls,
Quick pull or 2 and it's running.

Pleased your enjoying your rig, they are great fun and take an amazing amount of abuse.

Ok it doesn't look like it has been used and kind of a parking lot/back yard queen but getting it dialed in to beat it silly.

Seriously a silencer should be bought, this is the loudest rig I have ever owned! What else is a cheap add on for this that gets me something extra. Outside the broke stuff I will manage to replace anything else for a cheap mod that might be worth it?View attachment 81580View attachment 81579

Cool and thanks. Right now it handles alright figured at some point I will have no.choice but to replace the shock oil. Recommended weight?
Just bought that body. I like the look of it.

Been doing some maintenance tonight, first time touching the truck in a few weeks.
So I've fitted some aluminium chassis braced, aluminium top plate, new front driveshaft boot, 20tooth pinion and home made engine mount inserts and the steering setup from the 30DNB.
Also ordered a new 13T diff pinion, diff gaskets, air filter, diff outdrive and pinion shims. 20220427_194959.jpg20220427_195004.jpg20220427_195009.jpg20220427_195015.jpg20220427_195216.jpg

Been doing some maintenance tonight, first time touching the truck in a few weeks.
So I've fitted some aluminium chassis braced, aluminium top plate, new front driveshaft boot, 20tooth pinion and home made engine mount inserts and the steering setup from the 30DNB.
Also ordered a new 13T diff pinion, diff gaskets, air filter, diff outdrive and pinion shims. View attachment 81749View attachment 81750View attachment 81751View attachment 81752View attachment 81753
I have a dumb question to ask. Looking at your pictures I see a double steering link. Mine came with just a single link/arm. Noticed a little play in the steering yesterday and everything is tight. Is that an add on or stock? Haven't had a king motor before just trying to figure out the machine.

By the way, nice machine! Man I understand it is a clone but for the money it rocks! Actually looking at the 30 degree roller buggy. Just so I can swap things out:)
I found a good starting procedure and it works well for the Zenoah and other engines.
Choke on,
Primer bulb pressed 3 times,
3 slow pulls on pull start,
Check kill is on run mode,
2 quicker pulls on pullstart,
Choke off,
3 slow pulls,
Quick pull or 2 and it's running.

Pleased your enjoying your rig, they are great fun and take an amazing amount of abuse.
I tried your advice and I think I left a stain in my shorts!

I did...
3 presses of the ball
Flipped the choke
3 slow pulls
Off with the choke
1 medium pull and it was wang bang roaring away and took off! Some knot head had hit the wrong buttons and the idle was plus alot!

Note to self....always double check your settings and make sure they are set and saved lol

I have a dumb question to ask. Looking at your pictures I see a double steering link. Mine came with just a single link/arm. Noticed a little play in the steering yesterday and everything is tight. Is that an add on or stock? Haven't had a king motor before just trying to figure out the machine.

By the way, nice machine! Man I understand it is a clone but for the money it rocks! Actually looking at the 30 degree roller buggy. Just so I can swap things out:)

I tried your advice and I think I left a stain in my shorts!

I did...
3 presses of the ball
Flipped the choke
3 slow pulls
Off with the choke
1 medium pull and it was wang bang roaring away and took off! Some knot head had hit the wrong buttons and the idle was plus alot!

Note to self....always double check your settings and make sure they are set and saved lol

The steering setup has just been added, its from the 30 degrees buggy, bought the ackerman and double arms etc for £16.50 from RCModelz, fits straight on.
https://www.rcmodelz.co.uk/30dnb-steering-assembly.html

My stock steering did have play but once moving it didn't wander or anything, just how they are, this new setup has a little play.

For the price difference I would buy the RTR rather than the roller, means you get spare engine and servo's etc for very little money, plus you'll have two rigs ready to play.

So it starts easy then lol. Someone showed or explained it to me and its the best way I've seen to start them.

I do love my truck, infact I'm prepping my Baja to sell to a buddy who is looking to get into 5th scales, I haven't used it in over a year as I prefer to drive my truck due to its capability and reliability.

So after weeks of contemplating whether or not to get this or the Losi, I decided to get the 30 dnt!! Boss was pretty generous to me this year so with my Xmas bonus I was able to afford one!! Can’t wait to start wrenching!! Gonna throw my ESP Z32 in it for now. Can anyone suggest a good pipe?

Attachments

• F21D5EFD-E8C1-444A-AF6D-E83A30308E09.png
    F21D5EFD-E8C1-444A-AF6D-E83A30308E09.png
    166 KB · Views: 6
  • 0204D26A-2B40-4598-8C47-9E558C4ABFE3.png
    0204D26A-2B40-4598-8C47-9E558C4ABFE3.png
    157.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
So after weeks of contemplating whether or not to get this or the Losi, I decided to get the 30 dnt!! Boss was pretty generous to me this year so with my Xmas bonus I was able to afford one!! Can’t wait to start wrenching!! Gonna throw my ESP Z32 in it for now. Can anyone suggest a good pipe?
nice one mate, i don't think you'll regret it. all i can reccommend is get yourself a quality screw set because some of them seem to be made of chocolate

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks